Linked Events

• Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow Shoot: August 03, 2012 - August 05, 2012

Author Topic: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!  (Read 21430 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:53 am »
Cant wait to have a few with you pappy, and visit of course.

I seen the new 2012 t-shirt concept the guys came up with and it looks great! Im told we are setting three courses this year rather than two? We shall see Thursday and Friday night when I drive up to help out. This si the best shoot in Michigan. I go to almost all of them and this one is the only one that wont be missed by me!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 07:49:47 am »
This is the best shoot around.  The meal alone is worth the price of admission.

The flintknapper, Bill, is really having a bad time of it.  And he was there two years ago, not last year, my mistake.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:12 pm »
We are trying to add new dimemsions to an already great shoot. Primitive skills is one of them. Last year we had a few self bowyers around and this year plan to have several more. We/I would love to see some of you show up and show off your primitive skills. Bowyering, arrowsmithing, leathercraft, knapping or whatever your in to. Lots of eyes and folks wallking around to visit with and answer questions....thats my favorite part!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »
I'll be there again, for certain!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 06:14:16 am »
Yep I will be there also,can't wait,I will be working on some other type skills. ;) ;D ;D after the last couple of weeks I need some rest and relaxation. :) :) :) I should be coming in Wed. about noon I am hoping for. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »
im really lookin forward to this shoot
i wasnt able to attend last year but im not missin out this year

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:23 pm »
Dont cheat yourself Kevin, bring a tent and bag along.

Offline bhenders

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »
I'll be bringing some bamboo plants that I dug up from my bamboo forest and will have them there  (cheap).  Anyone interested in some Japanese Maples (I've got more than I can use or need in field pots - send me a msg).

Offline JEB

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 01:28:39 pm »
This is one of the few shoots that you don't have to contend with two prices, member and non-member shooting fees.  Everyone is treated equally GREAT.

May show up Weds night and if not early thursday morning. Bringing that osage stave with me Chris so get ready to view how "stupid" works, lol.  Translation, I am going to need some  help!!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »
Me and my youngest will be there Thursday after work and staying through Sunday morning.

Hey Jon chase a ring on that back if you can. My porta bench isnt really good for ripping bark and sapwood off. Not to say there wont be a more robust bench around to use? I will help all I can. I would rather do that than work on my own at these events.

See you all VERY soon! Cant wait!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 06:24:15 am »
Closing in on us,I should be there Wed. Got to visit with 4 of the guys this weekend,they cam and picked up another set of 20 new targets,should have a fine range for sure. See yall in a week or so. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
Brent showed me a 32 x 80 full print layout of the courses. Very cool with several creek crossing shots and one loooong course, I love those. There is another 15-20 target shorty and another 15 target broadhead only course. They all start or end by your camp Pappy....................looks like you and I may be (hiccup) neighbors this year! Save me a spot, I will be there around 5:00 Thursday afternoon.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 07:12:34 am »
Cool,Rocky said he had our spot roped off already,little shady spot under the big pines. Short course,I love that. Use to take a half day to shoot the long one and I would get parched. ;) ;D ;D Hope to be there Wed. morning,we haven't decided yet but may leave Tuesday evening and drive all night.Got 5 or 6 meeting us there Wed. also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:05 am »
Rocky is camping this year, you believe that? No going home for him, uh oh..............I think he is setting up to the east in that narrow pine strip with the lane running through it. Thats gonna be rowdy row over there! Im hanging out down in the holler with the ol' guys so I can get some sleep!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 10:59:28 pm »
I'm gonna do the best that I can to sneek over there Wednesday evening.  Might be pushin' it, but I think I can pull it off!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI