Author Topic: Weekend Points  (Read 2738 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Weekend Points
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »
Thanks guys.  I was sidetracked with my trade bow for a few hours.  Got back at it and picked a nice big curvy keokuk spall to work on.  It was thick on both ends and thin in the middle.  I'm so excited, it's the best preform I've made so far and all thinning was with the bopper.  Probably won't get back out to work on it more tonight, but tomorrow...

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »
NICE Job!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline seider

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 11:32:25 pm »
very nice preform i was pressure flaking one today and broke it while cooking on the pit.  Those are some good looking points also..
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline Tower

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:29 am »
Looks like its all pressure from there.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 11:47:42 am »
That black one may be a piece of rhyolite, kinda looks like it and that would explain everything. Another "good grief" moment? Ha, i always get a little chuckle out of those. Not ribbing your midfortune Mr. George but think that's fast becoming your new signature ;D. If that last one had thick ends and thin middle then your already ahead of the game. Nice weekend! 
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.