Author Topic: "Learning Rock" (Hope ya like pics!)  (Read 2032 times)

Offline chertle

"Learning Rock" (Hope ya like pics!)
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:01:11 pm »
So I have been pressure flaking and using indirect percussion that Patrick has been trying to help me on.  Today in the pit I thought I should move on because neither one of those were working well for me so I asked my husband to help me with some direct percussion.  Started out really well....learned a lot about the differences and taking off some mass.  Decided to try a rock mostly on my own with just some ideas given to me and not exactly what to do.  It went really well until I hit some impurities in the rock.  Learned a lot and looking forward to breaking more rock!!!!!  Some day I might actually make a point worth showing ;) and not all this screw ups that need all of your help :D
Leslie
Indiana

Offline TRACY

Re: "Learning Rock" (Hope ya like pics!)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:51 pm »
Looking good Chertle. Don't be afraid to hit the rock, it's just a rock until it's thinned and notched :)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline chief deer

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 02:22:03 am »
Take those four pieces and make four points. Mike Smyth

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:57:23 am »
The journey of a thousand points gets lighter with each ton
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 11:26:21 am »
Wow, that was a tough one to learn with or maybe a good one to learn. With that squared off side it had you did really well. Right before it broke as i see it you probably should have started stitching the edges to create platforms all around rather than continue spalling. Anyway, hard to see exactly what happend from here. Drive on - the tonnage thing ya know ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline chertle

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »
Thanks for the support!!  I have learned a lot this weekend from the rock I have been breaking >:D I hope to have something to show all of you sometime so you can see that I listen.....and learn :P
Leslie
Indiana