Author Topic: A little something I been working on  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Will H

Re: A little something I been working on
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »
 :o Man you sure do some fine work there Flintfingers! Lookin forward to seein them in person this weekend ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 01:48:04 pm »
Flint "finger" Walker, those are darn nice points! Wish I could see them this weekend but going to Devil's hole knappin instead.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:14 pm »
Joe, it makes me proud to know you like it so well!
 Tower, you drag yourself to TN and we'll sit in the "pit" and exchange bull ;D You'll swear it was worth the drive.
 Danial, you can do it! Ya just gotta stare at them till you eyes cross. When they straighten backup...you'll have it! :laugh:
 "Flintfinger"...I kinda like that! 8)
 Patrick you're funny man!
 Bowtarist, it's not B.A.  It's called O  C   D ;)
 Tracy, I kept those little flakes for almst 2 years before I built the courage to do them. Got lucky and never broke :o
 Mark, sorry buddy. None of it was big enough for a knife ;D
 And a BIG THANK YOU TO THE REST!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:29 am »
Hey Shannon, noticed the barbs on the point in the second picture, bottom left. They are pointing up. That is different and wicked looking. Really nice points all way round.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »
Hey Shannon, noticed the barbs on the point in the second picture, bottom left. They are pointing up. That is different and wicked looking. Really nice points all way round.
I believe that one is the "Kirk Serrated". They are cool.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:24 pm »
WOW, Brother! That's about all I can add. You are simply amazing. I have a big bag of Flintridge chips I bought and would be happy with half that quality.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 11:21:53 pm »
Those are nice points.  Thanks for psoting those.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 12:03:33 pm »
The adventures of "Flintfingers" the OCD knapper....................there's a story there somewere.I agree the smaller the point does not make it easier.Great job on some killer material.I hope to make it to the "Ridge" this year ,maybee we'll meet again.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »
You suck >:D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 01:25:44 am »

Yeah, like Jamie said! >:(  You really do need to go to the Bulgarian Monastery!
They have beer!  :o It's quiet there, you can relax. ;)  And not have to worry about posting anything on here 8).  I can call them, and they will have your room ready. 8)  Ok, they are beautiful.  Happy?!  I still can't make a pretty point!  I think I will just stop, and go back to carving.  At least I can do that half way decent.  :)   And I don't bleed as often, and I know when I cut myself! ;) :P  So when should I call the Monks at the monastery? ??? :P  Oh, I thought I said something about no more pine trees, just normal arrowhead type stuff. >:(  As usual, you ignored me, and went and made more Fancy, Smancy stuff!  Man, I don't even want to take the ones I saved to put on my arrows for hunting, out now!  They are indeed beautiful, Shannon, I still think you have some kind of recessive gene that keeps popping up when you knapp!  Some long lost ancestor named OOgan, the knapper!   Wow, is that a genuine OOgan?!! :o  , Yep, traded a possum,a pommegranite, and a turtle for it it.  He calls it a pine tree. ;)  gonna
put it on that Osage spear shaft, I just finished, and then I'm gonna stick that cave bear that keeps sticking his head in my cave, and grabbing food off of my cooking spit!  Not mention making me have to stand in the river for an hour to get rid of that ...... uh .....you know....smell!  As always Shannon, WOW! :o

Wayne

Offline flungonin

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »
Awesome Shannon

Offline razorsharptokill

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:55 pm »
Perfect!
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq)
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanstan