Author Topic: new girl from Pennsylvania  (Read 13692 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: new girl from Pennsylvania
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:04 am »
That's no beard.. That's a Cuban cigar  >:D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 01:04:51 am »

Very nice bow!  Good job.  Welcome, and this is the place to ask questions, and not to worry about being shy, as to whether the question is silly, believe me, whatever the problem, or question, someone on here has experienced it! ;)  As for your chicken picture, it was not off subject, just miss worded.  It is your Fletching source, or your combination mobile fletch /fertilizing, and insect control system....... like the news media, it is all in how you word it, and interpret it.  Cool you have the Easter Egg chickens.  I used to have Rhode Island Reds when I was a kid.  Got two as an Easter gift, and then got more.  I like chickens.  Even though they are omnivorous  cannibals .  The first two I have were  pets, and would sit on my shoulder.  Till I figured it was better that they did not, since I had to wash my shirt, and sometime pants, after they felt right at home, and got processed food that was delivered through the alimentary canal, on my shirt.  Mullet lives in those dang flip flops!  I never did like them.  I only have half of big toe on my right foot, so that might be part of the problem.  My cousin sent me a helpful tips, on the internet, and one of them showed using a flat bread clip for marking your computer lines, and using one for when your flip flop has a blow out, when the thong plug, splits the flip flop, you just put the clip on the thong plug, and it keeps it from pulling through.  But mullet told me how to make fishing bugs out of old flip flops, just cut a section out to shape, and slide a hook through it, and tie it off in the middle, and then one for a head, and some rubber bands, or mono, and wallah, a bream, perch or trout, lure etc.  Thanks Eddie.  But your bow looks good, and yeah, slow and steady are the by words on here, and it pays off.   ;)  Now you need some loud mouthed Pea Cocks!  Good fletching, and meat.  Just annoying as all get out.  And don't have any shiny cars that they can see their reflection in!  They will peck it, like crazy!  Don't threaten your son with coloring his arrows an unmanly color, just go the other route, and tell him, you are going to tell the neighbor girl that you can out shoot him, and she probably could too. ;)  That should put the practice mode in full swing. ;D  The Japanese knotweed, do you have any pictures of it?  Is it anything like the maiden cane we have down here in Fla. ?  Eddie isn't exactly a spring "Chicken" himself!  I am one of the old guys on here, just turned 64, Wednesday.   Dang, I shouldn't have put that there, it makes me feel even older to look at it! :( :P  Heck even if I turned it around, it still doesn't look good. :(   But I can get the discounts...... like on life expectancy......etc. ;D ;D But again, welcome aboard, and we are all looking forward to seeing your new bow that you have in the work in progress line.   Cipriano, if you think that turkey beard looks like a "Cuban Cigar", I don't think I would accept a cigar from from you! :o :P

Wayne

Offline Chicknlady

• outdoor and survival enthusiast, newbie archer
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 11:37:04 am »
Hi Wayne!  Loved your post!  LOL

Here's a picture of the kids in the "bamboo" (Japanese knotweed), after doing some serious damage to it with their wood swords...

The knotweed dies back all the way to the ground in the fall, then sprouts new from the roots in the spring.  Terrible stuff to eradicate.  I've killed a few small clumps, but it takes so much Round-up that NOTHING grows for a few years on that spot.... not sure I like that at all.  But, wacking it down with a stick is great therapy when you're in a bad mood...  :laugh:

I'm having a ball with this archery thing...  found out last night I kinda like shooting my ugly little survival bow better than the big fancy Martin...  but I do know I nee to up the poundage.  If I shot at a rabbit with that little bow, the arrow would probably bounce off of it!   ;D

I'm waiting for my heat gun to arrive so I can start heating-treating bow #2...  Plus trying to find time to even make a neat little arrow-straightener so's I can finish my rose-arrows...  time, time time!!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 03:45:36 pm »
Ford City is about a half hour from Pittsburg. That is a gobbler, you can tell by the red head.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?