Author Topic: Who is ready for hunting season???  (Read 25721 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Who is ready for hunting season???
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 01:36:23 am »
Flossy?  Flossy is a cow...Bambi is the deer!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 01:40:50 am »
Not Flossy the cow but Flossy the floppy eared doe!  Flossy is Bambi's mother. Heck, I'll take Bambi.  ;D Venison is venison! ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 01:14:45 pm »
I been ready,wished it would cool off a little but Owell the deer are out there either way. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 02:47:18 pm »
I don't know how prepared I am, but I'm looking forward to it opening. Hung a stand Saturday behind my house and have my food plot ready to plant. Waiting on rain in the forecast..
 ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 08:47:02 pm »
  Pulled up on the job the other day and there were 10 deer and over 40 turkey's 200 yds away.On the other side of the road in the pond I was about to drop the airboat in were 8 gators and about a thousand ducks.It's in the Phosphate mines and we can't touch none of them,URRRGH ! I'm ready,and we need a hurricane.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

tradrick

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 10:06:25 pm »
CalendarGirl LOL I believe your right.Good luck to everyone and be safe.tradrick

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 12:03:15 am »
I have already got a couple of hunts under my belt, came very close to tagging three different elk in the span of about an hour. Just never got the shot, one behind a tree at 25 yards and a couple of different ones at 40-50 yards. Two more bulls in muzzle loader range. cant wait for Friday to come again.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 12:30:43 am »
If you know your state's hunting season please post it here....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 12:35:06 am »
Kenneth, are you hunting the Mts or the flatlands?   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 12:48:24 am »
I hunted one day the first weekend in the canyon country (desert) with out finding any recent sighn. Maybe that is why we should scout more. This labor day weekend I went back to salt creek and found the elk  about a mile up stream from our camp and up one of the two tiny creeks that comes out into salt creek real close together. I am sure you hunted the spot at least once. Just found a honey hole that I had been near to several times but not quite discovered. I had about five pounds tension on Elkies string waiting to send Arts arrow  on its way twards the cow but never got the clear shot. You have got to come back out some way or another.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 02:09:49 am »
Send me some of them rich Colorado real estate customers and I'll be there next week! ;D
...wonder what the poor folks are doin'? 8)     Pat

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:37 am »
Man Eddie: We got places like that too, bucks walking around everywhere and you can almost feed bread to the does out the window - private land, no huntin. It's like the critters know. That elk huntin sounds great - I'd like to get into some of that!
 Marie: Are you in TX? Anyway, bow starts Sep 1st and you can bowhunt all the way through Jan 3rd or something like that, course all the other season's fall in there during that time also.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 10:11:04 am »
sept 15th to dec30.next saturday i stlk and kill. 8) man im looking forward to the hunt. lower zones go to end of january on private land.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 12:16:44 pm »
No Cowboy, I am a Texan who is stuck in Tennessee...no offence it isn't a bad place to be stuck and all...You need to get PatB to come turkey huntin' in Texas so he can have something other than marinated el gato for Thanksgiving!  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 12:40:48 pm »
How bout venison tenderloin medallions with a bourbon cream sauce, oven roasted potatoes, a green vegetable and tossed salad, with pumpkin and/or pecan pie! ;)  Thats usually what we have for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.    Pat