Author Topic: The Queen's Diamond Jubilee  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
Congratulations to Queen Elizabeth and Great Britain on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
God save the Queen!  8)
 The flotilla on the Themes was quite remarkable to watch.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:42:19 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: The Queen's Golden Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »
Congratulations to Queen Elizabeth and Great Britain on the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
God save the Queen!  8)
 The flotilla on the Themes was quite remarkable to watch.
(Cough)
Hmmm, I think you'll find it was her Diamond jubilee old chap  ;)
Shame it's so damn cold and wet. I think she was getting a bit tired by the end.
I'm sure I wouldn't have stood up for over 4 hours in the rain. She's made of stern stuff, I take my hat off to her!
Dunno if you saw the old steam loco' they had on one of the rail bridges over the Thames, a nice touch of nostalgia, I love those old steam engines.
Del
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:36:32 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »
My appologies to the Queen! 10 years does make a big difference.  ;)...especially when you are 86.
  I'm with you, Del, I doubt I would have stood in the rain and cold for that long either. I guess that's why she's the Queen and not either of us.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »
You gotta hand it to her.  From the earliest days of the second world war and on she has shown she has a strong mind, an unbreakable will, and the qualifications to stand as a role model. 

Good thing she wasn't at the wheel back in the 1770's or we rebels woulda been in a serious world of hurt!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ian.

Re: The Queen's Diamond Jubilee
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »
She's as sounds as a pound.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/