Author Topic: most recent 2  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
most recent 2
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »
had a tiny bit of time over weekend so i rushed these 2 out,
the "ishi" is my worst point to date, took lots of time & pressure flaking and it came out thick and ungainly, the bigger one took a half hour with notches (stalled early) and is nice and thin, almost all precussion,
i am realizing a pattern developing here.... P.S. i know the notches are wrong for ishi, they stalled way early so i tried notching on the bottom(which i fluted) only to punch out the whole thing
this is # 8 and 9
picture time
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:21:16 pm by Youngboyer2 »
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Tower

Re: most recent 2
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »
Good looking points.  Notching can be tricky, if the platform dosen't look right don't try it. Otherwise your notch may stall.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:38 pm »
thank you tower.
i was thinking of leaving it, but it was so dang thick that i think inside i really wanted to break it in frustration :laugh:
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:06:11 am »
well done
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct