Author Topic: Twisted limbs wins April Self BOM with his Static osage recurve!!!!  (Read 6315 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Twisted limbs wins April Self BOM with his Static osage recurve!!!!
Congratulations to Ryan Gill from Spring Hill, FL for winning Self BOM contest!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,32341.0.html

Twistedlimbs Static Osage recurve

Bowyer comments:  Here's what Ryan had to say about his bow:  I've had this one done a week or so, but I needed to do some more tip work on it..but finally finished it up. A true static Osage recurve. Its 59.5" long tip to tip. and 68# @ 26" unbacked! It is an arrow screamer for sure. my 60-65 spined shafts are a tad to light for it, gonna have to get some 70's. The tips line up very well, string tracks perfectly without any twist. The tips are Pronghorn Antelope horn. the tips have a couple streaks in them that is down into the horn which i'm not crazy about but they have some awesome translucent spots in them that kinda make up for it..lol. Im am super pleased with this one. My best 'curve to date for sure. Thanks for lookin at it!  Ryan

Here are some of the comments from forum members: 

That is one impressive bow! You sure did more than flip the tips. Dauntless
Excellent in a word!!!!  Coaster500
Nice hooks on that baby, Ryan. That is a very sweet looking recurve and the tiller is spot on!    Pat B
impressive curves! sweet bow all the way around ErictheViking

Wow!  That is incredible!  I haven't made a recurve yet, so I can't fully appreciate all the work that went into it, but I'm thouroughly impressed!!!  Adam

awesome recurve and spot on tiller, amazing bow....nice work, bet you're well happy with that.......best static recurve self bow I've seen for ages….  dragonman
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congrats once again Ryan!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Keenan

Congratulations Ryan. That bow is pure clean beauty!

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

thanks again guys.  thats enough recurves for me for a little while i think..gonna be hard to beat this one now anyways. ay have set the bar a lil high for myself.lol
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive