Author Topic: Kinda hate to do it...  (Read 4881 times)

Offline possum

Kinda hate to do it...
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:25:25 pm »
Well, I've been in a mode to make an arrow crester so I took the motor off my old sewing machine.  Problem came when I had no cord for it.  I couldn't figure out how to do the wiring so... off to Goodwill. :)  I found two singer machines.  One was  rather old but the motor seemed faster and to not bog down as much.  It is all steel.  Now that I have it home I kinda hate to take it apart.   :-[  They don't make them like that anymore.  Oh well...

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

DBernier

Re: Kinda hate to do it...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:17 pm »
Possum, let me look in my stash of motors to see if we can come up with something. If those sewing machines are "old" Singers they are still valuable. Drop me your phone # and I will see what I can do.

Dick

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:18 pm »
leave it as is ... rig up a power take-off of some sort and you'll have a sewing machine/arrow cresting machine of which we'll all be envious  ;) ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:07 pm »
  get a cheap BBQ rotisserie motor.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:56:19 am »
hows about a variable speed drill?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline possum

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:36:24 am »
Persimmon, I had actually thought of that. :D  That's just too funny.

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:21:04 pm »
hows about a variable speed drill?

I met a guy who did that. Worked like a CHARM. Used it to cap them too. Man, he could make some nice lookin' arrows :)!