Author Topic: Bow fishing  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Bow fishing
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:01:05 am »
Got to go bow fishing with my good bud Koan today, lots of good practice for being patient for the nun to soon deer season. Didnt harvest any monsters, but had a good time shootin at the bugle mouth bass.  Im beginning to think its much easier shooting at deer and other game than it is at fish. On the up side theres a string on my arra so all I goota do it pull it back after a miss, dont have that option on other hunts! Wish eveyone luck on their upcomming hunts,its always better to be lucky than good. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Bow fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:58:05 am »
Did you shoot at any muskrat in that pond?  It sounds like a good time.  If you are having a hard time hitting any, you just need to practice more.  Maybe you should take a few days off work and "practice."  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:40:33 pm »
No substitute for practice,and the spiilway we were at has no muskrats,just lots of turtles and carp.Gotta recommend a bowfishing trip to all you guys though its a blast! But if you take Koan along let him go thru the weeds first, hes got the knack for finding the stining nettle, ha ha. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

kdub

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:32:29 pm »
what does a primitive bowfishing setup consist of?  What do you use for tips?  It would be cool to see a pic of your setup.  so far i have used my longbows for hunting with and a fiberglass recurve with a cajun archery reel for bowfishing.  Sometimes unfruitull hog hunts in my neck of the woods turn into garfishing competitions with my hunting buddy.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:27:13 pm »
kdub, thats pretty much what we were using too, been meaning to turn a spool on the lathe but aint got to it yet. Auggie :'( :'( >:( ;),I hates stinging nettle..my legs look like ground chuck! Still had a blast tho....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

perry

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:47:57 am »
   My mates and I have a good sized creek and a river on our favourite hunting property , when the pigs and goats aren't playing the game we take it out on the Carp population, dont use fishing gear just shoot jump in to recover arrow and fish . regards Perry
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:50:07 am by perry »

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:19 pm »
My setup is vintage fiberglass bow and aluminum reel. Dissapointing to hear I know, but I cant bring myself to put a  time and effort self bow to the punishment and slime of bowfishing. Good practice though! Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya