Author Topic: so, whatcha wearin'?  (Read 18812 times)

Offline possum

so, whatcha wearin'?
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:17:22 pm »
What do ya'll wear into the woods when you're getting serious?  Do ya make buckskins and go out in moccasins or do ya opt for a little higher tech apparel?  Not that it matters as long as you're not seen by the animals, just curious as to how well different styles perform.

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

jamie

Re: so, whatcha wearin'?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 12:21:21 pm »
thigh high boots and a nice littly skimpy number.  ;) ;D

jeans and a tshirt, when it gets cooler a flannel, even colder a set of woolrich wool pants and jacket. peace

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:25:04 pm »
Jamie you told us you were partial to red lace!  :o
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

jamie

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:29:24 pm »
red for the fringe green for the lace. at least during the holidays. :o

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:36:55 pm »
I wear regular camo BDUs and long sleeve camo T-shirt. Doesn't hardly get cold enough to wear wool but I bought wool pants(mil surplus) last year for my Colorado hunt so I will wear them when it gets cold enough.
 The reason I wear camo is because the folks that make the kind of cloths I like only make it in camo. I don't go for scent lock or any of the fancy commercial stuff. If I could find 6 pocket BDU type pants that weren't camo I'd get them.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 03:05:23 pm »
Mee too - camo BDU's or whatever was on the bargain bin at Wallyworld several years ago, camo gloves, and head net. Am thinking about making some kind of guillie suit (spelling?) from thin overalls and burlap.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:20:20 pm »
Just picked up a light camo jacket at Wally world for $20 bucks ;D I wear what I have perferrably colors that blend in a bit.
By november it will be long johns, insulated bibs, 3 shirts, chook, gloves and still be shivering on stand ;D
Come rifle season I'm the Great Pumkin >:( ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:24 pm »
  BDU's,T shirt.Or shorts and Tshirt with Bug Tamer suit.Then for those mornings in the Teen's,whatever I have to stay warm.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 07:43:56 pm »
Hey cowboy, made my own gillie from millitary surplus, and camo burlap, cheap and works! Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline cowboy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:23:45 pm »
Hey Auggie good deal! lets see a pic of you in the woods with it - see if we can see ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:16:46 am »
I like a pendleton earth tone plaid wool shirt and wool hunting britches, and LL bean Main hunting shoes. When it is warmer I wear light weight camo jeans. I stay away from camo most of the time as I hate to look like every other jolker out there, got to have a bit of indiviguality. Still need to get an Art young style wool hat.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline possum

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 12:55:16 pm »
I'm in the process of making my ghillie now.  I'm gonna take a picture (or rather have someone else do it) of me in the woods while wearing it.  Just to see for myself if it works.  It sure takes a long time peeling the threads out of burlap pieces. :-\

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 01:44:05 am »
Nut'in!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
I mostly buy the cheap walmart camo, and layer according to temperature. Don't require alot of layering even in cold weather because I've accumulated some natural insulation over the years. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 07:53:41 pm »
Hey Greg - you still eatin your veggies? he,he.. sorry - couldn't resist ;D.