Author Topic: so, whatcha wearin'?  (Read 18809 times)

DBernier

Re: so, whatcha wearin'?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 09:42:48 pm »
Usually I wear bluejeans and a pullover till it gets cooler, say December. Then my camo jacket and pants and a lot of scent-loc. My ground blinds are very close to the area where the deer pass through, so no need for really hiding. The two tree stands are 100 yards apart and are up about 15 to 18 feet.
So far looks like a slow year. Keeping my fingers crossed.  ;)

Dick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 08:12:50 am »
BDU'S in the early season and bigger BDU'S and wool when it cools down.I look like an add for the Army surplus store.I lost a lot of weight this year so I went back and dug out some old stuff from 10/15 years ago and love them,well worn and comfortable. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 08:23:38 am »
Hey Greg - you still eatin your veggies? he,he.. sorry - couldn't resist .

Yeah, I enjoy veggies as an appetizer prior to the main course! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

jamie

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 09:50:32 am »
i was talking to a buddy of mine who shoots the gadgets. hes going on an elk hunt and went and bought all new scent lock clothes and crap. hes like dude look at this i got the whole thing for $400. i looked at hin and went oh yeah i got these jeans for 20 and i can wear em to work too.  t shirt was free  ;D

makete

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 03:27:11 pm »
Just picked up a light camo jacket at Wally world for $20 bucks ;D I wear what I have perferrably colors that blend in a bit.
By november it will be long johns, insulated bibs, 3 shirts, chook, gloves and still be shivering on stand ;D
Come rifle season I'm the Great Pumkin >:( ;D
lol know exactly what you mean. I wear a skyline/treeline camo coveralls, when it is cold like below 0, with longjohns and wool shirt and levis. Was in a tree on Dec. 29th @ 29 below 0 and just about froze to death. Shot a spike with my recurve that when I found him, he had shed his antlers in his last bed. Found them in the snow.   

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 03:33:02 pm »
Thats hard core man, wonder how Justin would fare at 29 below ;D Probably look like the ole trapper
in the Jerimiah Johnson movie frozen to da tree ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

makete

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 03:42:54 pm »
LMRAO  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kegan

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »
Jeans and a black T and the biggest tip for good hunting... bare feet ;D. Not a shoe out there as quiet as bare feet. Gotta love still hunting :).

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:23:33 pm »
Thats hard core man, wonder how Justin would fare at 29 below ;D Probably look like the ole trapper
in the Jerimiah Johnson movie frozen to da tree ;)
Dana, Notice the part where he almost froze to death. I guess I'm just smarter than to get in that position. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 08:29:13 pm »
Nah he froze to death if I remember right or was he kilt by a bear :-\
Have to watch the movie again, to be honest Justin I couldn't imagine hunting in 100 degree weather
of course it don't get that hot here, if it makes 90 once or twice a year thats hot. Were having an early cold spell
lows in the 40's highs in the 50's. Supposed to warm up again next week. As long as the rain quits I will be content.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 09:16:01 pm »
The 50 cal rifle he was holiding kilt the bear that kilt him ;D
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 09:24:12 pm »
Nah he froze to death if I remember right or was he kilt by a bear :-\
He was kilt by a bear.  That is not what I was talking about though.  You were responding to this.
lol know exactly what you mean. I wear a skyline/treeline camo coveralls, when it is cold like below 0, with longjohns and wool shirt and levis. Was in a tree on Dec. 29th @ 29 below 0 and just about froze to death. Shot a spike with my recurve that when I found him, he had shed his antlers in his last bed. Found them in the snow.   
You said this was hard core.  I was just pointing out the part where he about froze to death.   :D :D :D :D :D :D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 08:07:37 am »
Sometimes us Yoopers don't know when to come in outa the cold, or it could be we get so cold the thought process just quits ;)
My favorite hunting is a nice calm, clear morning with no wind and a hard frost. The air is crisp and clean the leaves are all crackly
so you can hear anything moving as the sun rises and starts to reflect off the frosted trees. Even when you don't see anything a morning like
that is so beautiful it makes you glad to be alive. ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 09:38:51 pm »
A pair of wrangler jeans a buckskin shirt and a wide brimmed felt hat with a bear claw and medicine pouch necklace and old leather boots or mocs.
Keep huntin
Modern Day Tramp

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:46 pm »
Its gonna be so hot here the first week or so, I will probably just wear my leafy-wear ASAT with shorts and T-shirt underneath. When it cools down, though, I am all about the BDU's and flannel/wool shirts....preferably Pendleton or Woolrich.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com