Author Topic: A New Copper I Have Found  (Read 1367 times)

Offline seider

A New Copper I Have Found
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has ever used baridium copper?  The machine shop I work at we have just started to make some parts out of and was wondering if anyone has try ed and to what success?
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline Tower

Re: A New Copper I Have Found
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:14:12 am »
Never heard of it, but if it's availiable give it a whirle. The only thing you can loose is a stone or two. Easily replaced where you live. Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 03:08:10 am »
Perhaps you are talking about "Beryllium copper"?  If so, then it is a very strong copper alloy that is still quite maleable.  It should work great!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline StevenT

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:01 am »
If it turns out to be Beryllium copper, I can tell you it is closer to brass than it is copper. I don't do it right now, but I used to restore historic golf clubs, specifically putters. I have worked quit a bit with Beryllium copper with regards to golf putters and it is way harder than copper, makes a great putter, but not to sure how it would work as a bopper. One way to tell for sure though, hit some rock with it an see what happens.

Offline seider

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »
I am going to try and get a piece and turn it down and give it a swing and see what happens.  If anything might work great for spalling out big cobbles.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.