Author Topic: Primitive Bowhunting DVD now available!  (Read 15000 times)

Offline billy

Primitive Bowhunting DVD now available!
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:54:19 am »
Now that I'm a paid advertiser I wanted to let ya'll know that I released the world's first full length hunting DVD using only the primitive bow and arrow! It's called Primitive Instinct, Volume 1 and It's available for $22.45 (this includes domestic shipping) from my website: www.primitivepathways.com.    This DVD took 4 1/2 years to film and produce.  I did ALL the filming including all but two of the kills.  I also did all the editing, narration, cover design and write up on the cover.  Those of you who've seen my YouTube videos or read my articles know I don't produce garbage.

In this DVD you'll see me take large and small game with my primitive bow and stone tipped cane arrows.  I shoot a rabbit at 40 yards but also shoot deer at 6 yards.  I also have a segment showing the construction of the entire bow and arrow, from collecting the materials, to drying the stave and shafts, and then shaping and tillering.  I collect rivercane and make arrows out of it, I find flint and chip it into arrow points and then assemble it all.  Then I go hunting with it!

I've posted some trailers on YouTube and have included the links below.  You'll see that this is no thrown-together garage video.  It took a tremendous amount of time to make because I Wanted to make it right.  There are 7 kills on this video and I've gotten rave reviews from people who have ordered it. IT is 91 minutes long, so it's basically the same length as a Hollywood movie....but a whole lot better!!   :D  :D  :D

Trailer 1:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpKR6HsSwWk
Trailer 2:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS1XzkY0WGs&feature=relmfu
Teaser Clip:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jddf-fPcnf0&feature=relmfu

Any of you who enjoy shooting the primitive bow and want to see what these weapons are capable of in REAL hunting scenarios, here's your chance.  You'll get to see the hunts and kills as though you were right there with me looking over my shoulder.  For those of you who order the DVD or have already seen it, I also welcome any feedback because I am already filming for Volume 2.  And Volume 2 is already looking like it will be better than Volume 1.  It has some incredible kills (including a 10-point buck that I shot right through the heart and yes.....I filmed that on my own too).  I hope you enjoy the trailers...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:09:44 pm by billy »
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Primitive Bowhunting DVD now available!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:51:11 pm »
Oh Billy, why did you put the "viewer discretion" label on. It is hunting and reality, nothing graphic about it. Graphic is all these filthy video games the kids are playing today.  8)

Sounds like a great video.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:23 pm »
Oh Billy, why did you put the "viewer discretion" label on. It is hunting and reality, nothing graphic about it. Graphic is all these filthy video games the kids are playing today.  8)

Sounds like a great video.

What he said.

I'm guessing a liability issue??

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

jeremiah collis

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:48:29 pm »
I don't post on here much if any,but im on here all the time looking at the great bows. Ya'll need to get a copy of billy's dvd and watch it, its great.Its all primative hunting gear and fun to watch.I purchaced a copy at the NG nap in ,its cool stuff. 

Offline country

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:47:49 pm »
Let me know if ya need some good comedy footage....I'm usually good for some log trips....bank falls... arrow rattlin...sleeping as the deer goes by etc....  ::)

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:48:10 pm »
I put the "Graphic Content" label on it because I Wanted people to know that it shows animals being shot and killed with a primitive bow.  It also shows me in the beginning stages of skinning a deer with a stone knife, and some people get a little grossed out by that.  You know how people are these days...they'll complain about ANYTHING.... I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who complain to the homeowners association that flowers are blooming in their yard.  That's how ridiculous it's gotten nowadays.  I just wanted to cover my butt a little bit and warn people right off the bat that it shows shooting and hunting and killing.  But if you LIKE that kind of stuff...well.... then that warning label would instead look like a golden seal of approval for AWESOMENESS!!  HAHAHA 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:56:14 pm »
Looks sweet billy  ;) hope to order one soon
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline kindor

• Joshua
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 01:18:00 am »
This does look sweet,  Infact I just ordered it
Oregon Coast

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:34:46 am »
But if you LIKE that kind of stuff...well.... then that warning label would instead look like a golden seal of approval for AWESOMENESS!!  HAHAHA
That is actually what I thought of. I hate the shows that eliminate any blood or dead animals. I want to see it in slow motion so I can see just how good the shot was and how the arrow penetrated.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 10:14:57 am »
Looks really well done, Billy. I'll have to make my way over to the site and order one!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:56 pm »
I hope you included the dragonfly hunting footage  ;)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Gordon

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 05:14:08 pm »
Well since I can't seem to harvest anything with my bows, I think I'll wander over to your site and at least enjoy someone else doing it.  ;D
Gordon

Offline billy

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »
Well I just received Gordon and Mitchell's orders, along with a number of other people.  I'm on my way to the post office right now to ship them out.  You guys will also be receiving an e-mail from me confirming that they have been shipped.  And yes, I did include some dragonfly hunting footage!   ;)  ;)  ;)

I'm really excited to get these out, I can't wait for you guys to see the DVD!  I also would like you guys to respond on here and give me your feedback, both good and bad.  I want to know what you liked or didn't like and what you'd like to see in the next one. 

Gotta run, gotta ship these DVD's out.  Thanks guys for your orders I really appreciate it! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline billy

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:47:38 pm »
DVD's AWAY!    I sent out a bunch of videos at the end of last week to those of you who ordered it so you should be receiving them very very soon if you haven't already.  Keep me posted on when you guys receive them so I can be sure ya'll got them.  I have to keep all my primitive archery friends!  :)

Thanks...
Marietta, Georgia

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 02:37:09 pm »
You'll see my order soon!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI