Author Topic: points  (Read 7816 times)

jamie

some more points. texas chert. 7/8-1" wide to be legal. weights vary. i like this stuff. propably did about 18-20 points and most were more than good enough for huntin. i get hinges but find i can get em out pretty easy.

tradrick

Re: points
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:40:41 pm »
Very cool Jamie,one of these days I'll have to try and learn how to do that.It would also be real cool to take a deer with a stone head.Thanks for shareing tradrick

DBernier

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 01:32:19 pm »
Hey Jamie, that Texas stuff is nice isn't it? Cowboy sent a bunch to Pat and I. Makes a nice looking point. Nice job, Go get em man.

Dick

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:26:09 pm »
Nice points jamie if they need a new home you know where to send them eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:23 pm »
Wow Jamie - that stuff's raw, or looks like it to me anyway. Tough, tough, tough. How do your wrist's feel? ;D. Very nice points!!!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:45:59 pm »
thanks guys. i tried cookin some and didnt notice a difference so i probably screwed up. if i use my shoulders iinstead of  my legs the shoulders get a bit tired, but not the wrists.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:56:33 am »
  Good looking points Jamie.I thought raw coral was brutal.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 01:33:30 pm »
Looks dang nice Jamie.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 03:28:30 pm »
Sweeet ;D. Look like they'll make some meat to me :).

jamie

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:06:45 pm »
thanks guys. ed the one thing i learned with these is platform setup is crucial. if its not just how it has to be stop and set it up better. once that is done they knap good. still requires abit of force. that why i use my legs. peace

jamie

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 07:38:12 pm »
a few more. the long one has a big ridge running down the center im not happy with. the obsidian one i  wasnt used to working with and i pushed so hard i drovwe a flake through 2 pieces of leather into my palm :P

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 11:57:22 am »
Your havin too much fun :), them look good. Can't wait till I get off work - have some to make for friends and finish them arras I was workin on. Three more days 8)

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

DBernier

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:45:48 pm »
Nice looking points again Jamie. That Dalton is a killer.  :o

Dick

jamie

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 04:49:52 pm »
dick that one is the first point i ever actually had a shape in my head i was after. i usually just let the point come about by itself. i made so many mistakes gettin there i thought it would never happen.  :)

osprey

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 04:07:24 am »
Wow! Those are amazing wish I knew how to flint Knapp! Hopefully I will get a chance to learn soon.