Author Topic: Made some meat makers  (Read 15338 times)

Offline Kegan

Made some meat makers
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:58:51 pm »
Got some squirrel arrows done today. Foudn some shafting from Minuteman behind all my junk, so I figured to try 'em out. Don't remember what they are, but they work well :). Got a 5" ducttape two-fletch on 'em (outta feathers and bark). At 30" they're four inches longer than my draw, hopefully it help with accuracy (I need all the help I can get ;D). Just gave them slanted, fire hardened tips. Not the neatest, straightest, prettiest, or in any way best arrows- but most shoot straight and hard so I'm content :).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DanaM

Re: Made some meat makers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:25:06 pm »
Way to improvise Kegan, look just fine to me.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:28:18 pm »
Yep, that's modern day makin do ;D. Look like they aughta make meat, that's all that counts.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline possum

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:44:43 am »
You might be a redneck if...

possum ;D
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline lowell

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 10:01:10 am »
Primitive man would have used duct tape too, if he'd had it !!! ;)

My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline possum

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:35:45 am »
Don't get me wrong, I love it.  I love the ingenuity even more.  But c'mon... it IS duct tape. ;) ::)

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:26:42 pm »
Woulda loved to use bark, but I'm out :P. Tried leaves for a few hours, but they kept getting torn up. So, I gave in and used duct tape. Didn't really wanna, as I wanted to keep 'em primitive, but I use steel to make my bows, a paracord string, sandpaper and a hacksaw on my other hunting arrows, and so I just to heck with it. All I know is those squirrels will taste all the same, duct tape or not ;).

jamie

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:20:50 pm »
quick thinkin". fired hardened tips are very deadly. i was shooting 50 yrds at a tennins ball on a string. there is a plywood panel behind the target. the field tips barely stuck. the fire hardened tips were punching holes through the wood panel. they work

Offline Kegan

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 04:50:49 pm »
quick thinkin". fired hardened tips are very deadly. i was shooting 50 yrds at a tennins ball on a string. there is a plywood panel behind the target. the field tips barely stuck. the fire hardened tips were punching holes through the wood panel. they work

I've had more blunts and other small game/practice points break off the shaft than I've had fire hardened tips split. And even when they do split a little glue and thread'll fix 'em right up :).

Offline Jesse

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 09:57:28 pm »
Thats awsome ha ha ha duct tape I love it. That would be the best to get a trophy buck with duct tape arrows on a home made bow. Some guys spend thousands getting all set up. You spent like five bucks. too funny Im gonna try it.
                                                                                              Jesse

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline John K

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 04:18:07 pm »
Kegan, Red Green would be proud.  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »
"If the women don't find you handsome at least let them find you handy"  ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 05:43:34 pm »
I guess now all I have to do is turn an old car into a bow building machine and I'd be set ;).

Offline david w.

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 07:00:41 pm »
those are awesome. teh duct tape is so cool. i might try that
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 12:33:16 am »
Using materials that are readily available is as primitive as it gets! ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC