Author Topic: Peanut Butter  (Read 3218 times)

Offline wvarcher

Peanut Butter
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »
Do deer like the stuff?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Peanut Butter
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:37:18 am »
Heck yes!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:39:18 am »
And they like vanilla  ;) 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:48:23 am »
Thanks guys.  I got a trailcam and want use the peanut b. to bring the deer in.  Might even mix some honey in with it.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »
Do deer like the stuff?

Yeah, until I would activate the electric fence around the client's vineyard >:D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »
I put a jar of the stuff out with some honey mixed in it.  I'll check in a week or so and see how they like it.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:00:16 am »
     Only problem with it is darn ants!  And Bears, racoons, possums, birds, Sasquatch, etc.  Deer also love Vanilla Wafers.  Trouble is I do too!  But the Deer in Montana love Vanilla Wafers! ;)

Wayne

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:31 pm »
I believe deer have a sweet toothe.  I put the jar about three feet off the ground.  That might do a little to keep some critters away from it.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

Aw gee, now the Wood Gnomes are gonna get it!  Would gnomes love peanut butter, and honey!  So if you see little sticky hand prints on your stand, you know the Wood Gnomes were there!  What do Wood Gnomes look like?  Ever see
Mullet, about his size, maybe a little bit bigger, but look like Pappy, or Pat B. or J.W. Halverson. >:D ;D ;D ;D
                                                    Wayne

Offline seider

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 10:28:30 pm »
Here in Texas i had a lease and the deer loved oreo's.  I would set them on a low hanging limb and watch as the deer would stand on there hind legs to reach and get them off...
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:24:08 am »

Aw gee, now the Wood Gnomes are gonna get it!  Would gnomes love peanut butter, and honey!  So if you see little sticky hand prints on your stand, you know the Wood Gnomes were there!  What do Wood Gnomes look like?  Ever see
Mullet, about his size, maybe a little bit bigger, but look like Pappy, or Pat B. or J.W. Halverson. >:D ;D ;D ;D
                                                    Wayne

Get bent!  I shaved twice last year and even took a bath once.  Ok, all right, I got caught in a rain.  But it was bad, they musta got 3 or 4 hundredths of an inch that day!

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 02:18:44 am »
well, i went out to see how the deer liked what i left them and all  i  found was part of the jar lid on the ground.  Hmm, i'm thinking Mr. coon or Mr. bear came along and had a peanut butter snack.  Didn't somebody say that might happen?