Author Topic: Summer Reading  (Read 872 times)

Offline Lee Vivian

Summer Reading
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »
I am a voracious reader, and am always looking for new books to read...and have my recommendations for anyone looking for something to read;

I just finished Tom Kidwell's "Another Old Bowhunter", and like his first book...it is a book filled with bowhunter stories..not how to's, but folks he has met hunting, and stories about those trips and people...great book!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Brad Isham at the Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic..and he graciously signed a copy of his book for me....."The Sound of the String".  I just finished reading it, and enjoyed it immensly and would recommend it to all.....

With Brad at Baltimore:

So, those are my current recommendations as far as traditional/primitive bowhunting books...if anyone else has any recommendations......post em!

Lee Vivian

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Summer Reading
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:17:52 pm »
Toxicated: A Treasury of Archery by Fred Anderson is a great read by and about a bunch of the old-school guys who got all this started. Some other favorites on my shelf are A Thousand Campfires by Jay Massey (and anything else by Jay that you can actually get your hands on, most of his books are out of print :( ), Bows on the Little Delta by Glenn St. Charles, Fred Bear's Field Notes, Hunting the Hard Way by Howard Hill,  The Witchery of Archery by The Thompson brothers, Hunting with the Bow and Arrow by Saxton Pope.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.