Author Topic: Hunting equipment  (Read 26650 times)

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Hunting equipment
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:34:37 pm »
So... what's everyone's hunting bow, arrows, ect. look like this year? I wanna see some other people's, and I'll get a picture of mine up soon.
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Hunting equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:55:21 am »
Give me a few days 8)
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:57:06 am »
Me to,I have about 7 bow that I want to hunt with and probably will,just got to decide witch one to start with.All my bows shoot about the same and all shoot the same arrows so I am good there.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DBernier

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:19:53 pm »
Same here,,,,,,,,, give me a day or so.

Dick

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:22:04 pm »
Oh, to have the problems of Pappy and Dick,when it comes to hunting.....Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

DBernier

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 09:06:03 pm »
Here are a couple of photos of what I am using this year. The first one shows my workshop in back of the house. I usually have a minimum of four bows hung up here with at least 5 dozen arrows. My short target range is off to the right about 30 yards. When the leaves are down and I climb on the roof I can see 300 yards to the other end of the property. Yea your right, I can see them comming a long way off. The other photo shows the two bows I have been practicing with. The one on the right is an Osage self bow, 58#. the other is a 70# flat bow. The other photo shows this years stock of hunting arrows. They are purple heart footed Cedar. I'm ready. Now to find the critters.

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 10:11:35 pm »
Looks good Dick! Nice place to work on your stuff - good lookin bows, and look at all the arrows :o. Now I need to get some ready, and also need to %#^% or git off the pot with your footing jig ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 12:25:15 am »
Nice gear Dick, Really like the osage bow and your arrows.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

DBernier

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 07:33:58 am »
Hey Cowboy. Like I said no rush on the jig. Actually if you take a dozen shafts, and set up the jig on a drill press table, I use a piece of aluminum angle clamped to the table to guide it, it only takes about an hour to grove them. You are then finished with the jig. Now comes the tedious part, filing the groves smooth etc. You can now make footed shafts at your leisure. Like I said I will do a how to when I get the jig back.

LJ I think one of the arrows I gave you is in that bunch. They fly real good out of that Osage bow.

Well it is 5:58 and I am going out to the ground blind and see what is up. Should be a nice day.

Dick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:53 am »
Nice lookng set up Dick,Not many arrows for the season ,you must be a much better shot than I am ;D ;D.I usually have at least a couple of dozen.I stick a lot in the mud ya know. ;D Nice
looking bows and love the shop ,reminds me of mine.Good luck and shoot straight. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:06:43 am »
Nice stuff Dick, I must be poor I only have 5 arra's with broad heads. Gonna have to make em count.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 11:32:06 am »
Dang, I get tired just thinking about carying that big old knife.  ;D  Nice group of hunting arrows. 
Pappy,  shoot the field tips in the mud and save the good arrows for deer and turkey. ;)  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

DBernier

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 02:11:49 pm »
Thanks guys for the compliments. The building is a workshop but I do my bow and arrow stuff in the cellar. I have one of the unusual homes with a cellar in this region. The "Block house" as we call it has my machine shop, 14 inch lathe, milling machine, presses, welding equipment etc. I also do the long rifle building in there as well as knives etc. It is a nice outbuilding to have to "get away" and immerse yourself. Also the two back windows open onto the deer infested   ;D  back 40. Just kidding about the deer infestation. On my way out this morning I jumped two doe's munching on my clover. Man looks like I need to get out at 4:30 I guess. That 125 yards to the hunting grounds is a long haul.   ;)

Justin that big Bowie on the arrows is one I hafted for a friend in silver and burl wallnut. He had some Damascus blades and asked if I would do it for him on a swap for two other blades. Hey why not. Life is good, right Pappy.

Dick

Offline Kegan

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 07:46:59 pm »
Here's waht I got so far: 62" sinew backed hickory D, 3 26" long trade point mounted sourwood arrows with Eastern two fletch. My best shooting, hardest hitting, nicest looking set up I've ever shot (including the store bought bows arrows and points) :).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 08:43:27 pm »
  I'll try to get my pictures up this weekend.I'll hunt with my sinew backed osage,and bamboo backed osage,and a pretty little reflex/deflex,boo backed osage C.Cade made and turkey hunt with a nice little 'sage bow Marvin made.Three of them were BOM's.And Pappy,I counted up all my arrows,227,that ought to be enough. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?