Author Topic: new to the site  (Read 2934 times)

Offline littlehunters19862011

new to the site
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:18:11 pm »
hi every one . new to the site . im from mississippi.  i have been lookin over the site for a months now . so i made an name and desided to join. the site . there is so much good info on this site  . i love seein the bows and arrows , points .  i love every thang about the site . im a noob at  tryin to make bows . i have been tryin only for a year and half  here and there so far most of them ended  in brakes befor i got started on them .but that has not stoped me from keepin on tryin . i am trying  to watch every video i can and read every thang i can to pick up on thangs .so far i have  picked up on sum stuff  . i have tryed knaping glass cus i dont have any good rocks my way that i have found  i am far from good at it lol  but just thout i would say hi to every on the site  . and here is sum pics of my trys the small one poped a split on the back of the handle  so in stead of scraping it i saved it bye usein  a small pipe as the handle   then it started to pop a split on the back of the lower limb so i rapped it . the biger bow is one thats ruffted out and set to dry  i hope it works out.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: new to the site
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:00:58 pm »
Welcome to PA. Post these pics in "Bows" so everyone can see them. Looks like you are getting the hang of this bow building.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »
ok well do. and thanks . for the welcome  pat b.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:47:53 am »
Welcome to PA,glad to have you around and looking forward to seeing more of your work.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:45:15 pm »
thank you for the welcome pappy. i am going to do my best . at makeing a self bow .i ama noob at bow makeing. i dont have all the tools  scraps drawknife evin tho i  made one but cant seem to get it sharp . i have tryed about 13 14  times and all ways seem to brake but i no it takes  a lot of time to get it right .