Author Topic: we need rain  (Read 6198 times)

Offline iowabow

we need rain
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:54:37 am »
A couple more days and the under growth will now die.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline TRACY

Re: we need rain
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:06:09 am »
I'll second that! Been spotty storms the last few days, but it keeps missing my area :-X

Rain Dance maybe ?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:43:55 am »
We have had a decent amount here, but we could use more..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:06:25 am »
I would take a pic of the yard but it's too depressing, dry and crunchy. 100 degrees and dry. Oh and now the ac went out last night. Typical summer. lol..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:23:56 am »
I wish we could send you some of ours.  We have had nothing BUT rain since the winter on this side of the pond.  Oh, OK maybe we had one or two good weeks back in March, but since then just endless rain rain RAIN !!!  We're also being told that food prices will go up sharply, because the crops are just rotting on the fields.  Its getting a bit depressing really....I'm just hoping that the weather will improve for the Olympics and so that some of us "backyard bowyers" can get out and make/shoot bows  ;)
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:15:00 am »
Burn ban now in effect

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:16 am »
Shortage of rain here also. Weather report gave a 90 percent chance last night and was hoping for a little relief but we didn't get a drop. Looks bleak around these parts.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 09:57:43 am »
RAIN? 
Whats That?
Worried about the creek running dry so no pump field water and then there is a concern about the well!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:08 am »
I wish I could send you guys some of ours. We have had 8 1/2" just in July and its not over yet.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:07 am »
My brother-in-law called yesterday from up in Iowa and said if they didn't get rain in 2 weeks the crops would fail.  Hate to see that.  We've had a wet early summer here, and we're not that far from Paul where he's very dry.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
I dont think people know how very bad things are and iowa is in better shape than many states

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:59:31 pm »
We are only 30 cfs difference from the low for this date set in 1931! There are some heavish clouds outside now - quite the tease!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:45:13 pm »
I dont think people know how very bad things are and iowa is in better shape than many states

Our part of Texas was that way until this spring.  Our lake was 8' low, we got almost 2' high before they opened the spillway and let the excess go downstream, but there was at least one fish hatchery in the state that closed because the reservoir dried up.  Thank God we got some rain here, but not far from here it's still a bad drought.  Here's the US drought map: http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/  I pray you guys that need it get some.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53:30 am »
It's pouring the rain here right now. Rained almost every day for the last couple weeks. Wish we could send you some of it.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 01:21:00 am »
No rain again today. I have mowed twice all year.