Author Topic: we need rain  (Read 6197 times)

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
Re: we need rain
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
Same here, Iowa. We had pretty decent rain move through the state, but it just looped around my house. We had a few drops the other night while other areas were getting decent rain, but it wasn't even enough to wet the deck.

It's crazy. I don't think I've ever seen it this dry, either.

We sure could use a lot of it fast.
Doug from Missouri

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 08:24:35 pm »
We've had some heavy thunderstorms around us but nothing significant on my place. Last week we registered .25 one evening and a couple of short bursts of less than .10 since. That's about all we've received since late May.
Got 3 cuttings from the alfalfa this year but only produced 1/3 of normal yield and mine was the most productive crop from nonirrigated in the immediate area.
The spring fed creek that winds 3 times through the property is still running about normal here but upstream about 6 miles where it starts is looking bleak.
Trees and shrubbery on the bottoms look good but have to credit that to the local springs.
We keep getting chances at rain but not much developing. 

I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:57 am »
No rain
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 09:00:14 am »
Same as Pat,it's like the May Classic around here only hotter. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 09:18:52 am »
Got up a little rain this morning. This should reduce the fire hazard a little.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »
Wish I could send some to yall,we have had thunderstorms every day for 2 months,,usually 1/2 to 2 inches at a time.With the past few years very dry I forgot how bad the weeds get!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline SA

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 12:29:46 am »
we have had a couple of little showers to yesterday and today(finally) but we need ALOT more , apparently there is an arsonist running around setting fires and 125+ homes have been burned not to mention countless acres, i hope they catch him/her . it's just waaay to dry here.
Shawn Acker

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 10:35:53 am »
Wish I could send some to yall,we have had thunderstorms every day for 2 months,,usually 1/2 to 2 inches at a time.With the past few years very dry I forgot how bad the weeds get!

I wish we could just get ONE day of that. We got a tiny bit of rain last night, but the ground was dry again when I walked out this morning. I doubt if we even got a quarter of an inch. It rained for maybe fifteen minutes and was raining when I went to bed. It seemed gone by morning.

I'm hoping some real rain will come through soon...real soon.
Doug from Missouri

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 04:35:03 pm »

I wish we could just get ONE day of that. We got a tiny bit of rain last night, but the ground was dry again when I walked out this morning. I doubt if we even got a quarter of an inch. It rained for maybe fifteen minutes and was raining when I went to bed. It seemed gone by morning.

I'm hoping some real rain will come through soon...real soon.
Got over 2 inches here today,,im wearin out the rain gauge,,Lightning has been rough,,3 houses on fire due to strikes this afternoon
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 01:22:54 pm »
Got over 2 inches here today,,im wearin out the rain gauge,,Lightning has been rough,,3 houses on fire due to strikes this afternoon

We had some lightning the other night but no rain. Talk about the worst of both worlds!

Hey, I just noticed your signature, Rick. We were in the Army at the EXACT same time. I was actually in from '86 to '90 then recalled in '91 for Desert Storm. I usually put '86 to '91 just to get it all in there, but I had a six month break in service.

Pretty cool.
Doug from Missouri