Author Topic: IT IS RAINING  (Read 5878 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

IT IS RAINING
« on: September 14, 2007, 10:58:09 am »
It rained all night and is supposed to rain all day. ;D ;D ;D
I know Humberto was able to seek up on all of us.
He was able to do some damage and rain on some people who did not need anymore rain....
But we sure need the rain here in North Alabama.
We are 20+ inches short on rain this year and 60+ inches short for the past three years.
Humberto will not bust our 100 year drought but this rain sure is nice.

Now that it has rained we hope to plant a green field next Friday.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: IT IS RAINING
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:04:55 pm »
I hear you David.  There are a few areas of the country that have had to much rain.  Most of the rest of us could use a whole bunch of rain.  Here we have been short on rain for about 8 years.  We have had some huge storms with major flooding, but it still didn't bring us up to normal. I hope you get a good crop out of the planting.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

tradrick

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:14:56 pm »
Yea,I'm in N.E.Alabama also(Ashville).And am very glad to see it.Its comeing down hard right now and I hope it don't let up.tradrick

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 04:07:23 pm »
Wish we could ship some rain East for ya all. This winter we are expecting more rain than normal. Rains all the time from mid September through May. Enjoy it while ya can becasue it sure gets old after a while!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:36:47 pm »
Justin:  I hope we get a good crop as well.  The mass crop has taken a beeting this year.
We have some but not many Red Oak acorns.  No White Oak acors.  At least I have not found any.
The percimmons are LOADED.  However, most of them will be gone by deer season.
The Hickorys seem to have done fair this year.

Tradrick:  Man, we ant more that 100 miles apart.  We got to get together someday.  Our outside cats
did not know what rain was last night.  It was a bit funny.

David T:  I wish we could pipe some of your flood water over here as well.  Most of the crops in these parts were very poor
to zip this year.  We are all hoping and praying for rain in these parts.

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 06:54:09 pm »
Yeah, it's raining here too, finally. This has been the driest year I can ever remember here. We're usually soggy all summer, but this year people have even been having to buy hay from other places to feed their cattle through the winter-not even enough rain to grow much grass.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 07:20:32 pm »
Well we had some clouds roll through this morning.  The lightning managed to start another big fire.  Over the last 3 years most of the areas around here have burned.  The problem is, without rain we haven't had anything regrow.  When it does rain it comes hard and floods, then its dry 2 days later.  :'( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:24:43 pm »
Calling for frost tonite ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »
 Looks like I might get my wish.Another tropical storm is forming off the Azores and this time it might head for us.It's been raining everyday here but not near enough.we have plenty of acorns,persimmons and guavas this year.But enough rain will concentrate the animals on the high ground for awhile.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:03 am »
Ahh - Eddie: I see what you mean now by you need a hurricane. I was thinking about asking you about that, but it concentrates the critters - all makes sence now ;). Far as rain here in TX - we got more than our share the majority of the summer (broke our five year drought) but hasn't done much lately.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.