Author Topic: Missouri to Utah...Any Rock?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Missouri to Utah...Any Rock?
« on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:42 pm »
I have a Buddy from MO who is trying to find me some workable rock.  He's right there in the center somewhere.  He spoke of a Missouri ryolite and a Mozinite(sp) that's around?  He thought the latter would be good cuz he'd found artifacts made from it.  What other rock is in MO?

He is also taking a trip to Utah via South Dakota and Montana if there is any knappables in the area I'd appreciate a heads up.  This guy is a big rock hound and really enjoys finding it.  He's not a knapper, but I gave him a point that he watched me make if June @ the UWC. 

Hope to get some answers in the next couple of days.  Thanks ya'll, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Tower

Re: Missouri to Utah...Any Rock?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »
A friend of mine went to visit his sister in MO.. He brought back some flint from his sisters place. He wanted to know if it was any good. I told him it looks like cobden to me & I'd take all she had.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:40:31 pm »
Thanks Don! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline maddog314

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »
I live south of lake of the Ozark. were does he live? I have been having a hard time finding good stuff but I hear there is really good stuff near Columbia. I have not had the time to go up there yet...
Micah