Author Topic: Easy Arrow Holder  (Read 4869 times)

Offline DQ

Easy Arrow Holder
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:47 pm »
Here is an easy to make arrow holder that I've been using this year.   Just cut a piece of wire coat hanger about 2 1/2 inches long and bend about 3/8 of an inch at a right angle.  Smooth the short end with a file and file the long end flat.  Slip the long (flat) end under the front of the leather bow grip.   Use a small rubber band to hold the arrow against the bow.  When I have an opportunity for a shot, I just pinch the rubber band off and let it fly.  (I bought 500 of them for a buck at the dollar store.)  After hunting season just pull the arrow holder out, leaving no marks on the bow.

Good hunting,  Darryl

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Easy Arrow Holder
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 01:53:32 pm »
Interesting idea!  How do you "pinch" the rubber band off?
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline DQ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:25 pm »
I just grab it with my fingers and it easily pulls right off the wire.  I guess I don't actually "pinch" it. (You caught me.  :-[)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:54:11 am »
I bet if you put it on the belly side it would come off by itself when you draw
Steve Bennett

Offline DQ

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »
I did try that, turtle, but it got in the way.  I have used a small brass rod installed on the belly side in the past, but it was UGLY on a self bow.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »
So dies the rubber band stay on the arrow Darryl?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »
It looks like the rubber band is doubled.  He just unhooks one end.  Pretty cool.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline DQ

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »
PEARLY - The little rubber band is hooked on the wire, run around the arrow shaft and hooked back on the wire.  It holds the arrow real well.  I just flip the rubber band away before the shot.  It doesn't stay on the arrow.  This is the best arrow holder I've used that isn't "permament" on the bow.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 11:26:34 am »
I get it now. I think you may have showed me that and I forgot. Your a slick one DQ!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.