Author Topic: Snakeskin and the order of things  (Read 25275 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Snakeskin and the order of things
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 09:07:24 pm »
Ok bob ya didn't answer my question how do ya get the glycerin outa the skin to make the glue stick, I'm curiuos no expercience with snake skins but I know a little about chemistry and wondering what solvent is strong enuf to remove the glycerin and not damage the skin? Will it help if I beg? ;D Please don't say salt water and buffalo piss ::)
That probably wasn't very nice of me now was it, sometimes I just can't help myself. >:D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:09:24 pm by DanaM »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:14 pm »
I may have jumped you unnecessarily so I also apologize. I haven't been on for a while. Just getting back into it and I need to loosen up a bit.  ;)  ...and sarcasm is one of my favorite sports. ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 10:20:17 am »
DanaM I have used tanned skins before when I had to and I used brake kleen and it done a good job.I use it on most everything that I want to degrease.It dries quick and leaves no residue.Not
very primitive but it works. :) I have heard of all them guys and read all there stuff but I figure they are just like us I use some of it and some I don't,I don't take anything as gospal till I try it ,usually
several times. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 10:31:47 am »
Yea rules are meant to be broken eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI