Author Topic: Congratulations to Gun Doc for winning July Backed BOM!!!  (Read 3427 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Gun Doc for winning July Backed BOM!!!
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »
Congratulations to Gun Doc for winning July Backed BOM!!!
Here is the link to his build:

Gun Doc’s tale of an old fencepost osage http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,33710.15.html

Here is what Gun Doc had to say of his build:  I really enjoyed coaxing a bow out of that post!  Thank you for that Sadie.  I have to admit that i was doubtful a few times while working on it.  I don't believe there was an extra ounce of sound wood in that post that was not needed for the bow.  It ended up 49" ntn and I wanted 26" draw out of it so it got a couple layers of sinew.  I then tillered it for the most speed I could get without stack.  It ended up pretty fast.  160fps avg with 350gr arrows.  They were a little light I know, but all that i had.  The skins are garter snake that i caught on my place.  Here are a few more pics.  Josh

Here are what some forum members had to say about Josh’s July BOM winning bow:

Congrats Doc...   that was a bow most would never have conceived let alone brought into the world....   Well done!!!  Coaster500
Very nice piece of work there, Josh. I finally voted for a winner.  rich
Congrats Gun Doc!! Very nice bow and deserving win. But very tough competition they were all very nice.  Judo Point
Another nice one Josh. You are turning out some great stuff.    Pappy

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Will H

Re: Congratulations to Gun Doc for winning July Backed BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:31:57 pm »
My hats off to ya buddy! You done good! Two in a row!! Well deserved ;) Congrats!!! :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:57 am »
Thanks Will!  I was pleasantly surprised both times.  I even went out and bought lotto tickets thinking I was on one heck of a lucky streak.  Apparently that extraordinary good luck only worked on bom, but that's all good by me! Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:17:19 am »
 Congrats,Beautiful bow,very nice job,keep um coming.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:48:53 pm »
Thanks Pappy!  Nice work on the layout as always Cam. Josh