Author Topic: Methods of Arrow release  (Read 12066 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Methods of Arrow release
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 01:19:53 pm »
I learned with the Mediterranean.  As of late I have been using the Sioux release. Well at least trying to. When you hear people using a modified pinch, that is usually what they are referring to.  Justin

I say learn as many as you can, then use what works for you.  Who knows, maybe you will make up your own using a combination of several.  Justin
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:22:27 pm by Justin Snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline david w.

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 07:07:42 pm »
i cant shoot split finger wortha darn so i shoot 3 under. it lets me get my eye closer to the shaft and look down it like a barrel.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

makete

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:49 am »
Three fingers under. Was told it was called Apache style. Only style I have ever used.

bikermikearchery

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 08:06:44 pm »
I shoot Mediterranean right handed, but if a shot comes that I need to shoot left handed then I shoot with a thumb release.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 02:24:06 pm »
Biker Mike, Will you explain how you do that? Pics would help. That would come in handy in lots of hunting situations.
Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bikermikearchery

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 07:32:25 pm »
Pat B
Most of my bows have arrow shelves/windows cut in to them. So to shoot left handed the arrows are way over spined. How ever I was reading a book on Japanese archery and saw that they shoot with the arrow on the right side of the bow (right handed shooter) with a thumb loose. So I used the thumb loose that I saw in that book but reversed it for left hand so it would work with my western right handed bows.
Thats bought clear as mud ;)
I figured this out about 25 years and many books ago, and I'm sure a Kyudo master would beat me with a stick for my sorry interpretation of there loose, bot it works for me.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 01:12:48 am »
I get what you are saying. It is shooting with the left hand that I have a problem with. ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC