Author Topic: Howdy from Georgia  (Read 3147 times)

Offline driftingrz

Howdy from Georgia
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:46:05 pm »
well im not particularly new.. been lurking a while and im nearly ready to put my first bow on the tiller stick :D.. i never knoticed an introduction section till now. i got my bow to where it is without much help other than looking at some pictures and reading on here.. i just spent a few weeks out of state working so i picked up Volume 1 TBB and finished it quick.. Learned ALOT.. no other bookstores carried the other volumes so im ordering now. while i have this thread goin i might aswell ask

Which volumes are your favorites? #2 is on the way because i heard it dealt with cherokee bows.. but other descriptions are same for each volume and i dont know what 3-4 focus on? im sure ill get them aswell when the time comes but just curious.

anyways just introducing myself. im hoping to have my bow flingin arrows by next week.... gotta build those too. hoping to be Proficient and in the woods with a self bow before deer season ends. if not the gobblers better watch out

Offline cracker

Re: Howdy from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »
What part of GA do you live in? I'm about fifty miles south of Augusta.By the way welcome aboard I'm sure you'll like it here. Lotsa good people with immense knowledge and good advice. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline driftingrz

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:06 pm »
im up north in Habersham county

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:34:55 pm »
Welcome rz. TBBIV has updates for TBBI with the knowledge accumilated from about 10 years of wood bow making not only by the original authors but from thousands of wood builders from all over the world plus new info from 2 of our won PA members, Marc St Louis and Steve Gardner(aka Badger). If you were interested in bending wood or making recurves I'd suggest TBBII. TBBIII is more about bows of the world and arrows in general with one chapter about solving and preventing problems.
  For good descriptions of Eastern Woodland style bows, Cherokee included, the Encyclopedia of Native American Bows, Arrows and Quivers by Steve Allely and Jim Hamm has great pencil drawings with measurements for many Eastern Woodland style bows, arrows and quivers.
 I am from Savannah originally. Welcome to PA.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline driftingrz

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:03:41 am »
Thanks Pat. Volume 2 is on the way. Ill be picking up 3-4 aswell when the time comes. Appreciate the heads up theres lots of books i wanna add to the shelf

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28:39 am »
Welcome. I'm sure you'll like it here. Volume 2 is my favorite followed by 4. I just saw Volume 4 at Books a Million, that was a pleasent suprise.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:10 am »
Welcome ,glad to have you on board. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline driftingrz

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:24 pm »
thanks for the welcome guys. volume 2 came in the mail today. cant wait to start turnin pages..

im also getting ready for final tillering on my board bow so bow #1 may be posted soon if its a success and not hideous... wish me luck