Author Topic: Hunting Dragonflies Part 2!!  (Read 1705 times)

Offline billy

Hunting Dragonflies Part 2!!
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »
Just uploaded the sequel to my first video on hunting dragonflies!!   

Check it out and let me know what you think:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wE3HUgZBtQ
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Mike_H

Re: Hunting Dragonflies Part 2!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »
Laughed my butt off Billy.  I loved it!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »
Too bad they didn't let you make a bow on I, Caveman.  You could have fed the whole camp all week on fricaseed dragonflies! 

That's a fantastic video, Billy.  What amazes me is that you were your own camera man.  I imagine a vast majority of your time was spent getting the set-up, only to have your prey move off!  Jow many hours of field time did it take to condense down into this video?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »
Well it took 3 days of filming just to get the hunting of the dragonflies on video.  Then I had to film the interviews which didn't take that long but driving to location, setting up and then breaking down took some time...maybe 2 hours.  Then I had to edit it....that took over 15 hours.  There is a lot of additional video that I filmed but didn't use and you don't even see that.   So I've got a LOT of time devoted just to make this one 8 minute video.  That's what it takes to make a good video though.  I don't just throw things together...it takes a lot of planning and thought to do it and do it well..   Glad you liked it!!!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »
When the DVD comes out, include a gag reel or blooper reel!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.