Author Topic: I'm P O'd  (Read 10466 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: I'm P O'd
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »
I liked shoot 'em up games when I was his age, too. We didn't have video games so we substituted with BB gun wars in the  orange groves. ;D I never liked the whole concept of GTA, kinda glorifying being a thief and thug.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »
It's not the game play that bugs me...it's the story.  When I was 10 I was playing Spear of Destiny and Wolenstein and Doom, plus a slew of fighting games.  Plenty of violence and there was some gruesomeness in Doom to be sure, but there was virtually no story. You shoot the bad guys and that's it.  You don't stop and pick up a hooker or bring yourself up to ethics and morals.  The complexity is something that an adult can sort out and cope with, but sometimes it can just confuse a child.

Character development is the issue, in my opinion.  I think that, in some cases, the extensive character development so popular these days encourages children to relate to the character...and that causes problems.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »
Eddie
glad you got this thing on the right track!
A good sit down talking to would do us all some good from time to time !
Man if I only had all this PA advise when I was raising youngens !
Who would have thought we could get such good help on a primitive archery forum ?!!
I would still introduce them to the archery in the schools program !
Get some more kids away from the TV and into archery !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !