Author Topic: daughter's first set  (Read 2485 times)

Stringman

daughter's first set
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
My little 5 yr old saw "Brave" this summer and told me in no uncertain term that she wanted a bow and arrows. Now inwardly I was grinning, but wanted to make sure it was the right time. So I waited till she had mentioned it a few times before I jumped into action. The bow was easy (took me about 6 hrs,) but the arrows were a little harder. I found some real weak spined cane I had and used poke berry to give them a little color. Then fletched them with factory cut and dyed feathers. After that I was stumped for the quiver. That was when I got in contact with Gothmog over a potential trade. I came to realize he was the woven quiver master and we quickly made a deal. Josh went the extra mile and made that litlle thing look great (thanks buddy!!) So now the hard part... My wife wants me to wait for her birthday which is in October. I am never good at waiting.  ::) So there is a strong chance we will have more pics soon!  :laugh:

Scott

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: daughter's first set
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »
thats a beauty!! my little brother (9) keeps telling me i need to build him an ewb says he wants 110# i think we'll stick to about 30# though
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:35 am »
Nice work and a killer archery set. nicely tillered.   Ken
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:42 am »
Beautiful,she will love that I am sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline johnston

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:34:37 am »
Don't wait til her birthday. Set the hook right now and you may
have a shooting buddy for life. A five year old could be on to other
things real quick.

Nice set up for sure.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 12:16:57 pm »
AWESOME Job Stringman!  She's a lucky girl.  Gonna be hard to wait.  Good luck and again, great job, Man.  dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Stringman

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42:00 pm »
That's my achilles heel..  ::)

Soooo, my wife got home last night and I said "pleeease" and she said "No!" I said "pretty please?" So she went and got the camera!

Boy, did ya ever wonder if kids watch what your doing? This little girl is a natural! She wouldn't even smile she was so focused. Took very few pointers from me and just started shootin. I love that girl!!

Offline johnston

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46:43 am »
Wow...THAT'S what its all about!!!

uh, dude you got trouble coming your way in a few years.That
child is seriously cute. Great post.

Lane