Author Topic: Lil Bow  (Read 17545 times)

Offline Woodland Roamer

Re: Lil Bow
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 12:10:06 pm »
Great little bow Pat! Nice tiller.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 12:53:42 pm »
Dave, Rawhide, when dry, is very paper like but once wet it becomes very pliable and forms to the contours of the bow. The rawhide for this bow came from Gary Davis. it is deer and is very thin...but strong.
  Outdoors Girl, welcome! good to know there are some females out there with the same interest as us guys(Marie and Sarah, ya'll don't count ;)). Thanks for your comments. Please join in more.
  Don, I flinch every time I come to full draw. You will notice in the pics that I'm not at full draw.
  Thanks Alan.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Rich Saffold

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:51 pm »
 ;D Beauty Pat!.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 05:21:52 pm »
All I can say is WOW ;D.

Beleg813

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 05:42:38 pm »
This looks similar to the bow that Jim Hamm (I think that's his name) made in TBB vol 1. I might be mistaken or completely off my rocker, and if that's the case please someone let me know. Regardless, whatever inspired you to make this bow...it's beautiful. I can't even fathom the work, skill, and time it took to put it all together. Great Work :) and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 06:07:54 pm »
I've been trying to see how strong of a bow I can with as little of wood as possible. So far, this one is tops. ;D  These shorter bows are hard to shoot accurately, at least for me, but from the ground and no more than a 15yard shot, I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with it. From an elevated stand(my front porch) I'm not as accurate.   
  Thanks for the positive comments guys.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

huntersim

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 08:36:34 pm »
Nice bow Pat, I really like it.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 08:43:54 am »
Pat, that's just too cool. I assume that's the same one you showed me at the restaurant last week without the cool pimp job  :) ? Great job, hard to believe what you can get out of a little piece of 'sage.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 10:49:41 am »
As usual Pat you impress me. I like that bow. I have made some little kids bows out of osage but nothing with that much weight. Might have to try. i have some shorter pieces. thanks for the inspiration.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:00 am »
Thanks Matt.
Steve, yes, this is the same but un-pimped ;D  It still hasn't blown! :o  You heading to Chris' this evening?
TJ, you ought to try one. Its just like a kids bow but with more meat left on! ;D    Pat

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 11:07:29 am »
Pat, I'm heading down there about lunchtime. Wish you could come down and join us.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 11:42:48 am »
Yea. I wish I was also but have out of town company coming this evening. I get to spend my day vacuuming the house! :(  Ya'll take pics so I'll see what I missed. :(      Pat

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 07:28:48 pm »
hmmm, my size......send it to me and I'll test shoot it for you.  ;D   Very nice little bow, I like how small it is, and good tiller as usual.
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 11:47:39 pm »
Thanks Sean. Even though I prefer longer bows these shorties are intriguing and addictive.  8)    Pat

tradrick

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 01:58:12 am »
Very cool bow Pat.That baby's got ground blind written all over it.tradrick