Author Topic: Crsystal Meth and Deer Hunting  (Read 3270 times)

Offline johnston

Crsystal Meth and Deer Hunting
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »
When I was young( back before electricity) there was a beautiful swampy
tract that I had permission to hunt . We did not have deer in this area at
that time but lordy did I have a ball with ducks, squirrels, rabbits and woodcocks.

Times have changed but this piece of land hasn't. Now I have not been on it in
30 years(maybe rode a mule thru it a time or two) but now it is the kind of place
where you can't walk for the deer and can't hear for the turkey's. So...upon
investigation I found that the wife of the guy who gave me access is still the
owner...97 years old and sharp as a tack. Gave me her attorney's number and I
have a call in to him right now.

But...the folks that own land around this property have all, without exception,
advised me to go WELL armed because the guys, brothers, on the west side of the property
are dealing meth. And are very protective of their privacy.Small town, truth gets out.
And this has been reported to law enforcement but they don't cook the stuff, they got
people that do that for them, and they aren't users. And the property is seriously off
the beaten path. If the Law has done /is doing anything it's not visible.

If I can get the permission/lease my intentions are to call the most sensible of the brothers
and tell him where I'm hunting and that if I have to go on their property after a wounded deer
that I will call and let them know. I do not expect a "confrontation" but also don't want
to get to my truck and find 4 flat tires. Both bros know me and while I doubt they would be afraid
they damn sure know that I ain't.

Ever run into something like this? Would you just leave it alone? What?

Lane

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Crsystal Meth and Deer Hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:04 pm »
Screw those crackheads, go hunting Lane. Too bad they arent cooking the stuff. The chances of them all blowing to the moon are much higher when they cook.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:28 pm »
i'm with Chris.go hunting.guys like that seem to fade way after a while.they finally go to jail
Middletown,Ohio

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »
Bad deal but I would hunt if I could.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:57:59 pm »
I think you have a good plan. It's a lot more fun and peacefull hunting when you don't have to constantly look over your shoulder and worry about vandals.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:50 am »
Lane, I'm going to offer a different perspective.. Do a risk analysis. Pros and cons... A good rule to follow  is "if you have to ask" you already know the answer and the answer is no. Folks involved in criminal activity tend to associate with others that are criminally minded. They may not be afraid and know you aren't, but their buddies may not care.

No hunting is worth the risk of life or limb or a possible confrontation with criminals. I can tell you that given the opportunity to hunt the best, biggest trophy  (name the animal) or spend just one more day with my family... Well was there ever really a decision to be made?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline johnston

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 02:31:07 am »
Thanks Cip. Lawyer man is on the fence, says he'll get back to me.

Deep sigh.... what is it coming to folks?
Just damnit.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 02:34:46 am »
Do you know the difference between a lawyer and a carp?  One is a scum sucking, bottom feeder and the other is a fish. >:D
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 01:39:10 am »
The meth problem is really widespread and anyone that frequents the woods is subject to run into some of these criminals.  Times have certainly changed, and you have to be aware of your surroundings and prepared to defend yourself, in town or in the woods.  Be careful and good luck with it. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 03:23:02 am »

It is pretty bad out here in Montana also.  I always go armed.  What is the difference between a dead skunk in the road, and a dead lawyer in the road?
There are skid marks in front of the skunk..... ::)

Wayne

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 03:42:00 am »
Sounds to me like there is more than deer to hunt in them thar woods... :-X
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline LivingElemental

• Appalachi/Wataugi/East Tennessee
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 04:11:37 am »
Meth is huge in northeast Tennessee. Easy to hide in the woods and mountains. Make sure they're only dealing. Those guys actually doing the meth are volatile as can be. And even if they're only dealing, some methhead somewhere knows where they can be found. Get the cops to oust them, or bring some friends and muscle them out yourselves. I would make sure they change venues before hunting there
Alzamaal illi yadour 'ala qurnayn fakhira, yarja' idhana maqtu'a.

Offline hatcha

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18:47 am »
Go hunt the brothers.  Once they're out of the equation, the deer are there for the taking!

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 11:22:38 am »
Go hunt the brothers.  Once they're out of the equation, the deer are there for the taking!
:o ;D ;D
wild women don't get the blues

Offline boughnut

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:35 pm »

agreed lol,  really though I have grown up around it my whole life living in a big city and some of there type can be a big problem and others are very reasonable.  Think about it this way, if you get in the way of them making money that they need to support there family that would be the same as some one taking from you pocket and when you got home you had to tell your family sorry I have no money to buy food.  What would you do?  chances are they are hunting to,  and might see you as a threat to there wellbeing.  but I would still hunt I am stuborn though I would just be packing more than a bow and arrows.  Just keep your distance and if a deer runs over there maybe just let him go.