Author Topic: Fastest traditional bows on record?  (Read 37484 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Fastest traditional bows on record?
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 07:52:39 pm »
Gun Doc.......I'm sure I'll be able to maintain here.I'm pretty picky about whose leg I look to hump nowadays........LOL.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2012, 08:39:00 pm »
half eye.......I guess what goaded me into saying balony was at times advice is slung around here by what people read not actually doing it for a long period of time.I've seen your bows and in no way discredit the bows you make.They are perfect tiller and that is an art in itself.Opinions are opinions and have to be respected.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline boughnut

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2012, 11:15:13 pm »
Have yall ever been down range of an arrow with real feathers not plastic on it?  Well I have some idot shot while I was pulling my arrows from the target as well as every one else was to.  I  never heard the bow but the buzzing of the feathers was loud as heck.  I think more often than not they hear the feathers buzzing more than the bow. the best way I can descibe it is scary as can be but really it shouded like a swarm of bees was inside my ears.

I have to admit I never thought of that and I have had arrows come close to me.  They are loud, you can easily hear them from at least 20 yards away

Its weird how that works on the receiving end the arrow flight is much louder than the sending end.  You would think the sound of it would travel in both directions giving that sound waves go out in all directions.  all I know is that sound I heard that day will stick with me forever.

Offline NruJaC

• Personal Blog
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:33 pm »
The sound is loud on the receiving end because that's the direction the air is being compressed in. The air is like a whole bunch of really tiny balls bouncing about in all directions (we call repetitive patterns in that bouncing sound). When something moves through it, it pushes the balls (on average) in the direction it's traveling in. For example, is a train louder when it's coming at you, or going away from you?
Arjun from Reston, VA

Offline boughnut

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:20 am »
haha nice to know the science behind it.  never did do well in since class but was a wiz in history and math you would thing some one who is good in math would be good in science.  :o

Offline johnston

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2012, 02:48:17 am »
Eddie I use to do the arrow catching thing myself. Got so good at it That I stepped it up a bit
 to a .38 special. Might coulda caught the second one if the first one had'nt killed me.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2012, 04:19:00 am »
Eddie I use to do the arrow catching thing myself. Got so good at it That I stepped it up a bit
 to a .38 special. Might coulda caught the second one if the first one had'nt killed me.
LOL...
Sounds like the Irish man who woke up one morning to find he was dead and the shock of it killed him!
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.