Author Topic: Successful opening weekend  (Read 17254 times)

DCM

Re: Successful opening weekend
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:48:02 pm »
I'd never heard of QDMA until the cute lil girl at the checkout asked me if I wanted to donate $2 for a chance to win $1000.  Since I'd just saved $10 on a pair of rubber boots over their competitor (who didn't have my size either), and she was cute and all, and I COULD win, I said what the heck go ahead.  Glad it appears to be going towards a good cause.  When ya'll fixin' to send me my $1000 Pat?

Gun hunting I always let the immature, and some 3 1/2 yo bucks, walk.  Where I hunt I have reasonable expectation they won't be otherwise taken.  Bowhunting unless it's a spotted fawn or I can see the buttons, I ain't at all picky.  I'd estimate the buck to doe ratio on my two places is at least 4 or 5 to 1.  I'd much rather take a couple of does for the freezer than one young buck.

Got no problem with like minded folks having a little "challenge" going on opening weekend.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 11:32:46 pm »
Wasn't judging ya Greg and yer right to the fact that acceptable id different than there.  A nubber  here  ie 9 month pld deer will easily be 70 to 90 lbs
but of course  up north here are deer are bigger ;D, maybe not in antler size but in body size.  Main thing to me is you enjoyed yerself and didn't wate the
deer.  My whole point was on getting everyone to share their perspectives and I think it worked. Save some of that nubber for ToJam 11 I hope to be there ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 08:01:45 am »
Save some of that nubber for ToJam 11 I hope to be there

Looking forward to seeing you Dana, I'll save some of that "nubber"...I'm sure he'll be tastey! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 08:34:48 am »
Holly crap I just reread what I typed last night I think I may have been a bit tipsy ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 11:02:13 am »
David, Don't blame QDMA. Sounds like you are a sucker for a pretty face.  ;)
BTW, the check is in the mail! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC