Author Topic: Bucky, my lil buddy!  (Read 6496 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Bucky, my lil buddy!
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »
   Last year a read on TradGang about a guy using a cutout deer decoy to kill a nice buck. After the midterm elections, last year, I did my civic duty and helped eliminate the unsightly political signs that littered the back roads and came up with my own deer decoy...Bucky! ;D. I did the cutout and the colorization and my wife painted on the details. I think she did a great job.   The antlers are removable if I want Bucky to be Flossy for a day(he goes either way...not that there is anything wrong with it). I guess the closer we get to the rut, I will see how Bucky(and Flossy) works as a decoy. Thought ya'll might like to see pics, so...       Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

jamie

Re: Bucky, my lil buddy!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 06:06:32 pm »
very cool. something good finally came about cause of an election. ;D

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:09:47 pm »
believe it or not I was just wondering how a flat decoy like that would work during archery season....
now ya got me thinkin' of trying one....
maybe spray some Tinks 69 on it when the rut kicks in  >:D.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 06:19:18 pm »
What the original guy did was use cotton balls on the tail area soaked with the appropriate scent. Doe-in-heat during the rut with Flossy and dominant buck lure just before the rut with Bucky. I'll keep ya'll posted.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:46:23 pm »
Sure is a lot of difference between hunting mulies and hunting white tail.  Now stack a whole bunch of those signs up and make it 3-D.  ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:42:08 pm »
What's that? a deer in them thar bushes? hehe. Looks like a deer to me - nice work! I don't see why it wouldn't work - hope this is the year you nail em ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »
I know at least one deer I can shoot! :o  ;) ;D      Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:50:41 am »
Very creative Pat. hmmmmm what party is bucky ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 08:16:53 am »
Independent! ;D    Pat

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 11:46:57 pm »
So is Bucky a cross-dresser? or is Flossy?  Must go ponder!  ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

8up

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:12:54 am »
Don't take the shot at him Pat !!  If you miss no one will believe he jumped the string  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:59:35 am »
Ron, I was pondering Flossy(I removed the antlers) the other evening and morning from my stand. I was impressed. ;) I think, with antlers and during the rut, Bucky will be a force to be reckoned with...or Flossy with the right scent. ;)
   I will have to admit, I did pick a spot, a few times, while sitting on stand.
   Marie, It depends on the season! ;)       Pat