Author Topic: falled angel gets used for parts  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
falled angel gets used for parts
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »
my sister went off to college and mom decided to get rid of some of her kid stuff (i thought it was weird, seeing as she never throws anything away). so mom was collecting stuff and i was throwing it out, until i saw a two pairs of angel wings in the basket... you can see what happened next. waste not want not!
-Billy
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline _Jon_

Re: falled angel gets used for parts
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
I like the way you think.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »
Thank you
The end product was a little ruffled, they were very abuses and worn so I salvaged what I could
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:52:15 am »

Excellent!  But a word of caution......Don't let your Sister know where those
fletches came from...... ;) ;)  Just let her believe that your Mom threw the Angel wings out. ::)  Your Mom can wear the bus tracks, >:D and you don't have to listen to your Sister whine about having saved them for her future children, etc. :P ;)
 also, let this be a fateful pre-warning as to what you better safe guard, when you go to College! ;)  Mom's or wives have no clue as to what is valuable, or desirable for hunting, collecting, or just simple "Man" stuff, that can be traded for more desirable stuff, or to just sit around and admire the man stuff, that you have collected over the years, and may or may not be eventually used for some craft project, or traded,but is none the less neat to have.   ;) ;)

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »
I know exactly what you mean, i had all of my knapped arrowheads in a Tupperware wrapped in paper towels, mom didn't know what they were and threw them out, all 16 of them  :'( hours of work in the dump. But I knOw(hope) that my sister didn't care about the wings.
-billy