Author Topic: how to hold hand pad to get longer flakes  (Read 1083 times)

Offline viburnum_JOSH

how to hold hand pad to get longer flakes
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:23:59 am »
HI. Im Josh. I live in Tucarawas Co. Ohio. I've been on this for a while and love it! you guys are all so talented. I have recently sparked a high interest in flint knapping since I went to flint ridge Knappin. I would like  someone close to me to teach me in more detail about the art of flint knapping. If anyone is close to me please comment. I need to learn more! I think I've got the basics down but i would like to perfect this in time but i really need some hands on learning experience.
Thanks for your time hope to hear from someone soon!
                 Josh

Offline Bone pile

Re: how to hold hand pad to get longer flakes
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38:59 am »
We used to play Tusky Valley in High School (Lake ).You just missed a big knappin at Flint Ridge near Newark.There are alot of knappers in Ohio so hopefully someone will chime in from your area. I was from Hartville ,left 42 years ago
Bone Pile
Venice Florida

Offline viburnum_JOSH

Re: how to hold hand pad to get longer flakes
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:15 pm »
Yea i was down at Flint ridge but only for a day there were just so many amazing people and the rock and points just blew me away. I wish i could of sat down more and picked up some pointers from some of the masters there was just too much to see. I remember seeing the Bone Pile stand i should have asked you about how you hold your hand pad oh well maybe someone can post a pic. I wish i could have meet you your work is outstanding maybe next year.