Author Topic: Am I doing this right?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline anasazi

Re: Am I doing this right?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »
Something i have used if you can hang it freely with nothing right behind it is a couple pieces of old carpet one thickness will stop arrows from most bows two to four should stop most everything before the fletches. Just pick it up from a carpet installer after he tares it out of some ones house. You can also use it stacked and bound or stuffed in burlap as a target. My favorite is plastic wrap from a furniture store stuffed in burlap  the plastic is free and burlap is fairly cheep at most fabric stores

Offline Matt B

Re: Am I doing this right?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »
Something i have used if you can hang it freely with nothing right behind it is a couple pieces of old carpet one thickness will stop arrows from most bows two to four should stop most everything before the fletches. Just pick it up from a carpet installer after he tares it out of some ones house. You can also use it stacked and bound or stuffed in burlap as a target. My favorite is plastic wrap from a furniture store stuffed in burlap  the plastic is free and burlap is fairly cheep at most fabric stores

Yeah I was thinking about hanging carpet, but didn't know if it'd stop and right when you mentioned about tearing it out of someones house, I just realized we are replacing the carpet in our basement very soon. I'll just hang on to some of that, perfect  ;)