Author Topic: BBO weight reduction  (Read 981 times)

Offline Moggy

BBO weight reduction
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:53 am »
Would like to know where to start on reducing draw weight on a BBB? This Bow is made very well and has some reflex in the limbs. T also has a handle support behind the Osage lamb.

Offline dwardo

Re: BBO weight reduction
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:36 am »
Some pictures would help us to get an idea. Also dimensions, length, width, depth etc. Current draw weight at which length.
Always a shame to lower a draw weight I think. Best to keep it for when you work upto it or make another and pass this one on.

Offline Moggy

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:36 am »
55@28 really do not want to shoot more than 45-50 pounds. I have tilled several of my glass bows to zero by working the belly glass at very tedius small increments of sanding but mostly taking off on the sides. I have also Trapped a few and reduced weight and tiller. I know the bamboo backing will never be touched! The Bow is stright longbow design, and tapers to pretty wide tips. It is 67 1/2 long and has a section of wood glued to the belly side for a handle. The limb tips are reinforced and it has a FF string. I'm gonna change this to Dacron before I shoot it. I was made by elk Creek longbows serial#031805.

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:18 am »
Contact the manufacturer.