Author Topic: any new woodburners out there?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Postman

any new woodburners out there?
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »
Didn't build much new this summer - put in a woodstove last winter and got busy chopping. Got about 9 cords.

I found a place  last feb. that is similar to this site  that answered all of my questions on wood processing / burning / stove advice, /using a chainsaw / fixing it /  maintenance / wood types /seasoning etc. 

Wanted to kinda sorta plug it as they were / are a great help to those heating with wood, and have a similar vibe to the only other forum I frequent  ;)    I never knew how much went into wood burning, especially with the new EPA stoves that do not like unseasoned wood.
 Didn't post the link as to stay in the rules, but it's easy to find. Google  "hearth forums"

I'm on there as "osagebow" of course, trawling for converts amongst the bowhunters and sending them here.
WARNING: they burn a lot of hedge -  it evidently is the best firewood out there. some pics of hedge firewood are pretty graphic... :-\
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: any new woodburners out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:38 am »
I've been heating primarily with wood for at least 35 years. I have and old Fisher Momma Bear and it heats our 2000sqft house quite well. I go through 4 or five cords a winter and prefer red oak but burn all hardwoods...and it is all well seasoned.  I had a 5 cord load of logs delivered the other day and have started cutting it to length then I'll split it.  I still have a seasoned cord left over from last year that will get me through until some of this load is seasoned.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC