Author Topic: Titan Takedown  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Titan Takedown
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:02 am »

Well, we're finally off an running. I've got a couple of packs of back strap and roasts left but a lot of freezer space to fill. This evening I got in the tree with about 2 hours of daylight. The deer have been moving well the past two days with heavy rain.
After about 15 min. the squirrels came back out and got busy cutting acorns out of the big white oak I'm hunting by. With about 30 min. of daylight left 5 does and a yearling came in to eat. I'm hunting over a bunch of dogwoods which give me good concealment and a few select shooting holes. The does managed to avoid the shooting holes until they were 25 - 30 yards out. I could have taken a shot at 25 several times but preferred a closer one. The yearling ate right in front of me. I waited in hopes that the does would circle around but soon they began to ease off away from me. I decided that I wanted the tender young meat. I also needed a yearling hide to make rawhide out of so this one fit the bill. I shot him and called Woody who has a redbone we are training as a tracking dog. This was # 3 for him on the season and he ran straight to my deer.

I cut the top of one lung out, the artery along his back and center punched the other lung. He went about 60 yards and piled up. He was running dead.

TradTech Titan 3, 40#, POC arrows with 160gr. ACE broadheads. Clean passthrough.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Titan Takedown
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:38 am »
Nice shooting Jimmy. That will be some good eating.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:33:56 am »
Nice shot Jimmy,congrats. I seen where I missed your call,must have been why. ;) :) I was hunting also and had my phone off. That Reckless is going to be a good one and a real asset to us for some hard to find deer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

youngbowyer

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »
nice deer and good shot. Are you shooting 5/16 diameter poc?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:24:22 am »
Only one button in my back yard yesterday, ??? seemed he was looking for something,he should have checked the cooler at the Cabin. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »
Nice shot, Jimmy. I like those kind when I'm dragging by myself :).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline johnston

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:02 pm »
That is the voice of experience Eddie, couldn't agree more.

Nice shooting, Jimmy. Pleased that you gave the arrow/bow
specs,it cleared up some stuff for me.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »
Thanks guys.  Youngbowyer - These are barrelled shafts so they are 11/32" in the middle and 5/16" on both ends.  They get through paradox quicker and they shoot really nice for target shooting.   Honestly, these are arrows I had left over from a previous dozen and they flew great out of the bow so I am using them up.