Author Topic: Coyote or bobcat Hunting !!!  (Read 7023 times)

Lilmoosecountry

Coyote or bobcat Hunting !!!
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:28:54 pm »
I have a goal this year of harvesting a coyote/bobcat with my long bow. Are there any back issue's on this subject. I know IT is pretty lofty but i believe it can be done. Has any one else done this.  My setup is a cornfield with me hidding in the edge of the woods. I have made home made crow decoys. I will use them in conjunction with a crow call. I figure know predator could resist an all you can eat buffet.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:39:24 pm by Lilmoosecountry »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Coyote or bobcat Hunting !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:48 pm »
Im more of a fan of distress calls, rabbit, birds and fawn bleats.  Bird distress works better for bobcat.  I have shot coyote with my bow.  I am currently trying to call and shoot a bobcat and a mountain lion.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:03:59 pm »
                                 If you have turkeys in your area bobcats love turkey meat and will come readily ta a turkey call, so will yotes. Ifn not like Justin says distress calls of all kinds. Fawn bleats work really well on yotes. Crow are sentinel birds so ya may wanna be careful...............bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 07:39:46 pm »
  everything that Bob and Justin said and I like mouse squeaks and quailcalls.And I know for a fact turkey calls will bring in a cougar.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:24:43 pm »
................ Another note. keep somethin' at yer back while callin' ifn ya do. As Eddie said you may call in BIG CATS while turkey callin. Cats luvs ta come up behind ya. You turn around slowly an look an a Panther er Cougar looks back at ya ........LOL .............not good fer heart! :o ;D.......bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 11:36:50 pm »
Bob you sound like another kind of farm bird.  Keeping a big bush or rock at your back is a good idea since it helps to conceal.

One of the best cat decoys is a feather hung with a piece of fishing line from a stick or heavy piece of wire stuck in the ground at an angle so the feather suspends free below the stick. Just let it flutter in the breeze. There is just something about feathers and cats.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Lilmoosecountry

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 12:00:33 pm »
Thanx guys i'll save the decoy's for the Crows. Which is another animal i want to take with a bow.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 01:02:23 pm »
The feathers on a string will also attract fishers, wouldn't want to have one of them run up my back
their quite visicous, buddy caught several in bobcat sets last year.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 05:49:10 pm »
Out east here in PA coyotes are the toughest things to call in along with bobcats and the occasional painter (mountain lion). Though we called in a bobcat this year with a rabbit in distress reed call and a mouse squeaker works well too good luck
Modern Day Tramp