Author Topic: Tip of the Day: Final Tiller  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Tip of the Day: Final Tiller
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:17 am »
Good stuff Jimmy.  You're right, it's impossible to exactly replicate how your body draws a bow on the tiller tree.  I find however that if I leave the lower limb about 1/4" stiffer than the upper limb at full draw, it gets me real close.  I'll have to try your idea with taking pictures next time though, just to compare and see how close that actually gets me. 

But having taken "glamor shots" in the past I have definitely noticed the difference in full draw profile in my hand vs. on the tiller tree.  I once tried making a fairly narrow shelf on the top of my tiller tree so the bow could pivot on the spot where my hand would have sat deepest in the handle, and tried to keep my pulley rope about 3/8 above where the arrow would rest on the bow.  It worked somewhat, but was a major pain in the but, and when it was all said and done, I put the normal shelf back on the tiller tree that didn't allow the handle to pivot, and low and behold, at full draw the lower limb was about 1/4" stiffer, which was the general rule of thumb I had been using all along :)

That was a great explanation of limb timing and hand shock.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »
Great tip! Since I shoot 3 under I always leave the bottom limb a bit stiffer than the top.

VMB
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 03:39:52 am »
Nice work buddy.  I like it.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee