Author Topic: A couple of Pat's  (Read 27486 times)

Offline DanaM

A couple of Pat's
« on: September 28, 2007, 08:03:55 am »
Didn't get em with abow but thought I would post anyway. Single shot 12 ga, shoot both on the wing from the same flush, shot the first one then had to reload and got the second one ;D Having a pretty good small game season so far. Deer opens Monday. Also saw a big ass buck cross the road in front of me which was pretty cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: A couple of Pat's
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:29:45 am »

Those are really nice...bet they'll be tastey as well! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:47:29 am »
Fire up the grill.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:12:47 am »
Hey Dana, what is a Pat? is it a grouse? Look like some kind of cross between turkey and pheasant. Purty birds though :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

makete

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:18 am »
Way to go Dana!!!!!!! Kill a couple for me will ya. ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 10:40:47 am »
Should I be checking the mail in the next couple of days? ;D    Nice birds Dana. Good shooting.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:27:21 am »
Cowboy a Pat is a Ruffed Grouse or a Partridge, Pat is what all the old timers call em up here.
Seem to be good numbers this year ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 03:50:02 pm »
Good shootin'. There haven't been hardly any grouse around here the last couple years, used to be you couldn't walk a hundred yards through the woods without flushing one.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:00:37 pm »
I've been seeing alot of birds but only have 3 kills so far out of about 25 shots. ::) It will get better when the leaves drop and the ferns flatten out.

Manistique, MI

tradrick

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 09:47:42 am »
I've always thought bird huntin of any kind is the most enjoyable kind of huntin.Becaues usally you see lots of action.Congrats tradrick

DBernier

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 09:01:20 am »
DanaM, only hunted them in the 50's and 60's with shotgun in Conn. My uncles and I never missed a day to go get them. My uncle Leo used to say hunting them was like hunting Communists, slow and easy and shoot fast. >:D  You got a nice pair.

Dick

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 09:14:09 am »
I sure enjoy gettin after em. Awesome eating also ;D

Manistique, MI

kyleM

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:02:03 pm »
Well since im new here and i found one of my dads posts about hunting i thought id post some pictures under it of what i shot when i was home on leave!
Dad and me out at a friends camp

Dinner!!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 03:12:35 pm »
Well if it isn't my loving son and you just had to post the pic of me with the fugly hat eh.

Everyone meet my son Kyle

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 03:19:36 pm »
Now ya met my son heres the wife 135lb 6point 2007 kill

[attachment deleted by admin]

Manistique, MI