Author Topic: Congratulations to Pappy for winning August Self BOM!!!  (Read 5749 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Pappy for winning August Self BOM!!!
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »
Congratulations to Pappy for winning August Self BOM!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,34362.0.html

Pappy’s Osage Static

Here is what Pappy had to say about his bow:  This is a bow I built for a piece of Wood a good friend of mine from Canada gave me over a year ago.It was a beautiful piece of Osage,very straight and Clean,not what I am use to.   Any way it's 66 N's Static tips, deer horn overlays,brain tanned Elk grip,1 1/2 to mid limb and then tapered to less than 3/8. 48@26.Very smooth to draw and shoot,been having a little trouble over the years with my shooting and wanted something that was smooth/a little longer and easy to handle and shoot,this fits the bill nicely. Al was the friends name that gave me the wood so I thought it appropriate to name it after him,it will probable be his after this hunting season anyway.   :)Hope you like it. 
   Pappy

Here are what some forum members had to say about: 

Man Pappy, you did a great job on that bow! It reminds me of some of the old classics. Nice tiller.

Tracy

Looks excellent Pappy!  I bet that one shoots smooth as silk.    That draw weight and length can sure add up to be a sweet shooting bow.  hrhodes

About time you post that curve pappy. The pancake flat limbs unbraced says a stellar tillering job on an exceptional piece of wood.     I'm regretting not asking ya to shoot it. Yup,Old Al is gonna love that. I've met him up at marshall. Nice bow for a nice guy.     blackhawk

Real nice result Pappy, we expect nothing less from you and its always a pleasure to view your stuff.  She's straight as a string, you have to do much heat bending other than the tips?  Looks like the best piece of hedge in Canada.  Also, when in the draw does she lift off the statics?  I'm contemplating one of these and I'd kind of like it to lift off about half into my draw of 27".  tom sawyer

That sir, is a very fine bow 
rich

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Congratulations to Pappy for winning August Self BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
Those Twin Oaks guys stole the show this month :) Nice work Pappy!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »
You got that right Cam and your and Jorge did dandy work once again with the pics :laugh: 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:14:52 pm »
Congratulations Pappy!  That was a well deserved win in a very tough field!  Josh

Offline Matt Heppe

• Eternal Knight
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50:51 am »
Love those curves. Great bow! Congratulations.
Eternal Knight: where I write about writing, do book reviews, and display my novice bows.

Offline Will H

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »
Congrats Pappy! I sure do like that bow :) Can't wait to see what you kill with it ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:32 am »
Congratulations Pappy. It was and is a beauty. Very well deserved win. There were several that could have won but you pulled it off. Great job. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Stringman

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:52:24 am »
Absolutely beautiful! Love the tips, curves, and finish of that bow, Pappy. One of these days I'm gonna have to make a trip to your neck of the woods! I think I might feel at home with you and yours.  ;)

Scott

Offline kybow

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:10 pm »
Love it Pappy. Congratulations!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »
Congratulations Pappy. That is one fine Bow!

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:24 am »
...and congrats on your win, too!
Frank from Germany...