Author Topic: I want to celebrate my 4,000th post  (Read 3994 times)

Online JW_Halverson

I want to celebrate my 4,000th post
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:29:46 am »
And it's coming soon.  So, I am announcing another contest. 

Lot of people here have posted threads of teaching people how to build bows.  I'm guessing some of these people that are new to making bows may not have a subscription to P.A.  Tsk, tsk.  I'll just have to fix that for one of them. 

So.  Here are the rules:
1) post on this thread a photo of the person and their finished (or nearly finished) bow.  Previously posted photos are fine.  If you didn't get a photo, call your student and have them get a quick cell phone snap, if that's what they got.
2) the student bowyer may not live in your home (after all, you should be getting your own dang subscription)
3) entries due by the 31st of September. 

I'll draw the name out of a hat and send a P.M. to the person posting the winner's photo asking for the full name and mailing address.  Once they respond to me privately, I will call up PA's office and talk to the wonderful people there to set up the one year subscription for the winner. 

This community means the world to me and I consider many, many of you to be good friends.  This is my way of passing on some of those good vibes and encouraging those new to the addiction.  The spirit running thru this community is "pay it forward", I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary in this crowd, just doing it a little differently is all. 

Thanks everyone!
-John

p.s. This contest is not offered by Primitive Archery Magazine nor any of it's employees or contractors.  This offer is strictly from me and if I go south on the deal, Primitive Archer Magazine is not responsible and I will end up in Mullet's little black book and nooooooobody wants that. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:51:29 am by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: I want to celebrate my 4,000th post
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:42:45 am »
Nice gesture JW>  I posted that I was trying to subscribe to the magazine by mail and had a couple of comments but no one has given me directions on how to subscribe. I'm not looking for the emag, I want the hard copy to put on the rack in the outhouse. I even emailed calendergirl without a response.

Early congrats to you on 4000.

Man on Munson Creek
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:00 pm »
Great idea!  Congrats on the (almost) 4000 mark.  I, for one, am happy you've had so many posts because most of them have given me a good laugh.  Keep 'em coming!

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:48:11 pm »
Good on you John boy. And congrats on the big 4K. I'm for one always get a chuckle from most of your post >:D Your a funnie man JW.
Keep up the good word. Here's to ya. O' Prairie wind, keep blowing >:D

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:45 am »
Still waiting for entries.  Just post a pic of the new bowyer on this thread and I'll take care of the rest.

Offline kylewayne

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »
Congrats on 4000 posts John!  Maybe I will post a pic of the black spruce bow I am trying to make. :D

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »
Pity no one decided to take me up on the offer.  I guess I will just buy a subscription for a friend. 

BTW, Kyle...yer bow just got finished this weekend....hehehe!  Now you gotta wait for the Post Office to deliver it to your Nearly North Pole address!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 12:31:39 am »
JW, I don't know any young starters or I sure would have entered someone. Hell I'll be 63 come November and I just got started. Since I couldn't enter my own picture and name I didn't know what the hell to do.

You'd think a guy that's been around as long as I have could have figured something out, wouldn't ya?

I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.