Author Topic: New Guy from NC  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
New Guy from NC
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:58:36 am »
Hello My name is Matt, I currently live in Alleghany County. I joined this site a good time ago and never posted. I started bowhunting in 1989( Ground level as I am terrified of heights) with my first Compound. I decided to give up the wheels and go traditional. I acquired three longbows to begin my quest but never committed always cruched on the wheels. Well now the wheels are gone and I decided skip Traditional go Primitive. I have talked to forum member Madcrow via message and he lives close. I hope to find a lot of tips and help here. Right now all I have to begin this journey is a desire to take a deer with primitive gear and one day I Dream of making my own stuff with the help of those who know what they are doing and then hunting with things crafted of my own hand. All tips and pointers are most welcome. Thank you and I apologize in advance for any stupid questions I will ask  :P
Thanks
      Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline gstoneberg

Re: New Guy from NC
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 09:07:03 am »
Welcome Matt.  Stupid questions, what's that???  The only thing that annoys us here is bow building without pictures. ;)  I'm glad you have somebody close to help you, that makes it a much faster learning curve.  Good luck!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:46:04 am »
Welcome to PA Matt,  The only stupid part is when we are afraid to ask questions and learn the hard way. That being said, don't hesitate to ask, that way when things go wrong we are the ones that look stupid  ;D   >:D  In all seriousness, no matter how long you have been building bows you will come across knew challenges often. Shared experiences good and bad are the best way for all of us to learn.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »
No sense spending the time, materials, and money repeating all the mistakes we collectively have covered time and again.  Ask away!  Make your OWN mistakes, don't re-make ours!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:08:48 am »
Welcome Matt,hope you enjoy the ride. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:24 am »
Thanks for the welcome guys, I have talked about going this route for years just never followed through. Now that I have found a couple fellas close by that have been kind enough to offer to share some of their knowledge I am ready to give it my all.
 Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 12:04:03 am »
welcome to camp matt.
Spyder

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 12:24:41 am »
Welcome Matt. I live in Brevard in the Southwest Mountains. What town do you live in? There are quite a few NC guys here on PA.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:06 am »
I am in Sparta. Madcrow & Nugget are less than 30 miles from my door.
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:25 am »
Tell TJ hello for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »
I Will do it.
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC